NSW MATCH RIFLE & LONG RANGE F CLASS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Cliff Austen

NSW MATCH RIFLE & LONG RANGE F CLASS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

#1 Postby Cliff Austen » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:11 am

The NSW Match Rifle and Long Range F Class State Championships will be held at Ungarie on Saturday 6th May and Sunday 7th May 2023.
Programme is on the Match Rifle.org web site.
Competition over 1000, 1100 and 1200 yards
Manual targets.
BBQ lunch both days
Big Breakfast at the Ungarie Bowling Club on the Sunday morning.
It's a great shoot for Match Rifle, F Open and FTR.
See you there
Cheers :D
Cliff Austen OAM - President. NSW Match Rifle & Long Range F Class
Last edited by Cliff Austen on Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

RDavies

Re: NSW MATCH RIFLE & LONG RANGE F CLASS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

#2 Postby RDavies » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:58 pm

Ive always enjoyed the Ungarie long range shoot, just a little miffed it is on the same weekend as 2 other shoots I intended to go to.

macguru

#3 Postby macguru » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:03 pm

what are the other 2 ?
id quod est

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:13 pm

macguru wrote:what are the other 2 ?

Spring Ridge OPM and Victoria Fly shoot on same weekend.

Barossa_222

#5 Postby Barossa_222 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:51 am

RDavies wrote:Ive always enjoyed the Ungarie long range shoot, just a little miffed it is on the same weekend as 2 other shoots I intended to go to.

This is one of the problems with the NRAA/State associations/Match Rifle. I remember one year I shot Coonabarrabran and the NSW Queens was scheduled the same weekend. I understand that you can't please everyone, but I'd like to see us move away from each state holding a Kings every year and just having one Nationals every 2 to 4 years shared around between the states. You'd make it a bigger event by holding the Nationals with the state team shoots and Match rifle before or after in the same state trying to maximize our dwindling numbers.

Cliff Austen

#6 Postby Cliff Austen » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:29 pm

Hi All
Just a reminder One month to go, start loading.
See you there.
Cheers
Cliff

BenW

#7 Postby BenW » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:31 pm

Hi there Cliff, I am looking at coming for the weekend and for the practice on Friday. Do we have to nominate and pay early or is on the day fine.
Regards Ben

Chris H

#8 Postby Chris H » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:45 pm

BenW wrote:Hi there Cliff, I am looking at coming for the weekend and for the practice on Friday. Do we have to nominate and pay early or is on the day fine.
Regards Ben

Payment on the day is fine Ben.

Chris H

#9 Postby Chris H » Thu May 11, 2023 11:56 am

The results for the NSW Match Rifle Championships held last weekend are on the match rifle

http://www.matchrifle.org/

We had the best attendance ever for a State event at Ungarie with 19 entries in Match Rifle, and 14 in F Open &11 in FTR for a total of 44 competitors.
Saturday had good conditions, sunny with light winds. Sunday was a different story however with a strong and cold gusty south to south westerly wind which strengthened throughout the day which was indicated by the scores at 1100 and 1200 yards. The MR and FTR shooters had around 12-13 minutes on the scope at 1200 yards. One hardy FTR shooter was heard to say he needed 17 minutes for his 223’s 90 grainers.

***Note that due to the high number of competitors and the difficult conditions the Saturday 1200 yards was shortened to 15 shots and the Sunday 1000 & later the 1200 yards were shortened to 10 shot matches to ensure a reasonable finish time).

Barossa_222

#10 Postby Barossa_222 » Thu May 11, 2023 12:05 pm

That's a really great turn out. Congrats

Cliff Austen

#11 Postby Cliff Austen » Fri May 12, 2023 8:55 am

Many Thanks to Chris Halloran for stepping in and running the match me last weekend.
I had a small medical procedure which did not go exactly to plan and I had to be hospitalised for 3 days with strong medical advice not to travel.
Thank you to all those who participated and survived Sunday with its 10deg air temp,with a 2deg wind chill and wind gusting between 35 and 50 km/h. It would appear that all had a challenging time.
Details on the Ultra Long-Range challenge at Coonabarabran will be published shortly.
Once again - Many Thanks Chris.
Cheers
Cliff

mike H

#12 Postby mike H » Sat May 13, 2023 7:29 pm

Cliff Austen wrote:Many Thanks to Chris Halloran for stepping in and running the match me last weekend.
I had a small medical procedure which did not go exactly to plan and I had to be hospitalised for 3 days with strong medical advice not to travel.
Thank you to all those who participated and survived Sunday with its 10deg air temp,with a 2deg wind chill and wind gusting between 35 and 50 km/h. It would appear that all had a challenging time.
Details on the Ultra Long-Range challenge at Coonabarabran will be published shortly.
Once again - Many Thanks Chris.
Cheers
Cliff

Cliff,
Sorry you were unable to attend,as you know the show rolled on,thanks to the workers and competitors who all did their bit,the big breakfast was well attended and assisted our stamina for the rest of Sunday.I know that I am connected to NSW Match Rifle,but it would be remiss of me to not mention the biscuits,cake and slices that were there for morning and afternoon teas,all supplied by not only by local members,but also by visiting shooters.
As an old Match Rifle shooter,in more ways than one,it was great to see more shooters giving Match Rifle a go,but as well F Open who have always been there were very strong and FTR ,the newer kid on the block was very well supported,even having some from the Australian Team to the recent World Championships.Hope to see you at the South Australian Championships in August.

BenW

#13 Postby BenW » Wed May 31, 2023 10:04 am

Thank you for putting this event on, I can assure you that I will be coming back next year. Going to put this one on the calendar early. As has been said the conditions on Sunday were difficult to say the least but when all are in the same boat getting a drumming like that is somewhat ok.

Return to “Events”