WTB 155grn HBC DYERS

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Forum rules
Please note the following :

Advertising of Firearms & Firearm Parts will no longer be permitted in the For Sale/Wanted to Buy Forum.
Please use the Firearms & Firearm Parts For Sale Sub-Forum.

Any Firearms or Firearm Parts advertised in this forum will be moved or deleted.

Please read the READ THIS FIRST! (Advertising Rules) for further details.
wayno

WTB 155grn HBC DYERS

#1 Postby wayno » Wed May 10, 2023 3:20 pm

Has anyone got any 155grn HBC Dyers they want to get rid of. Or if anyone knows who still stocks them. I know I am showing my age but old habits are hard to get rid of.
Please let me know cheers Wayno

Barossa_222

Re: WTB 155grn HBC DYERS

#2 Postby Barossa_222 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:49 pm

wayno wrote:Has anyone got any 155grn HBC Dyers they want to get rid of. Or if anyone knows who still stocks them. I know I am showing my age but old habits are hard to get rid of.

These aren't made any more mate. There would be a lot of them still kicking around, but you might want to think about looking for Sierras or Noslers as a replacement.

OMiller

#3 Postby OMiller » Wed May 10, 2023 8:36 pm

Barossa_222 wrote:
wayno wrote:Has anyone got any 155grn HBC Dyers they want to get rid of. Or if anyone knows who still stocks them. I know I am showing my age but old habits are hard to get rid of.

These aren't made any more mate. There would be a lot of them still kicking around, but you might want to think about looking for Sierras or Noslers as a replacement.

They make them in the USA where the press went to but won't export them I am told.
Driver Bullets make a very similar projectile to the HBC Dyer projectile it’s a 155 grain VLD and it’s a very close clone. He uses J4 jackets, thou they aren't approved for f-standard or tr as yet. You would think they would be fine for practise thou. He also make 303 174s
http://driverbullets.com/

wayno

#4 Postby wayno » Thu May 11, 2023 8:45 am

Thanks for the posts it is much appreciated. I guess I will have to move into the new century may have to get some Laupa sceaner 155's while they are still available. Thanks again.
Cheers Wayno

GregW

#5 Postby GregW » Thu May 11, 2023 9:11 pm

For the benefit of those who may not be aware, when the world went from 303 to 7.62 every country except
Australia went to any bolt action rifle. It took us another 30 years to get there. Again, the rest of the world can use any 155 grain bullet, but not us. There has been a fairly significant change at NRAA board level, so I would suggest pushing your State Boards to raise the matter at that level.
Greg Warrian.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”