WTB Tikka T3/T3x Action with Bolt

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Tatt

WTB Tikka T3/T3x Action with Bolt

#1 Postby Tatt » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Bolt needs to suit 6BR build.
Eg. 243, 22-250, 30-06, 308 etc

Metal

Re: WTB Tikka T3/T3x Action with Bolt

#2 Postby Metal » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 pm

I have Tikka T3x 308 for sale if you are interested

Tatt

#3 Postby Tatt » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm

I e action in good condition and if so, do you want for it?

Tatt

#4 Postby Tatt » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:37 pm

Is the action? Duh!

Fire Dog

#5 Postby Fire Dog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Just a note: I have a 6BR built on T3 action and in an MDT Oryx stock that accepts AICS magazines and there is a OZtralian manufacture that makes them out of metal rather then the plastic MDT{.308} one that came with the rifle.
A stock 308/243 mag will not feed the 6BR round reliably and unless you find a spacer kit {almost all are from the USA} you are stuck.
Check out this site: https://watersrifleman.com/ai-aics/
You can also get single loading blocks {Sleds} to use it as a single shot.... His magazines are made for both the AICS stocks and also for the original Tikka stocks.

PS: I would not start with a 30-06 action as it is too long...

Tatt

#6 Postby Tatt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks Firedog, I have already ordered a couple of mags from Dave Waters along with a few other things from his Grade A list of products
Tony from TSE in Brisbane thought I may have problems with the length of of the 30-06 but Dave said it would be fine using his mag with one of his short T3 bolt stops
Is this not your experience?
Once again, thanks for the info

CamoWhamo

#7 Postby CamoWhamo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Technically, there is no short or long Tikka action. They only come in one size.
The only difference between them is the bolt stop. If you have a Tikka that was previously chambered for a long cartridge then swapping out the bolt stop to the "short" action is all you need to do. And you don't really need to do that. It just makes the bolt throw conveniently shorter.
The standard Tikka mag is the same physical external length for all actions. Only the internal blocking is different between them.

I have a Tikka with a 6mm dasher barrel, in a chassis that takes AICS mags. It functions fine with with standard unmodified AICS mags and Waters' AI compatible BR mags (more on those later).
Magpul P mags will not work with a Tikka action. I had a issues with AI mags when fireforming from the base BR rounds. The 1/8" extended shoulder on the dasher does a lot to improve feeding over the standard BR.

About Waters' AI mags.
DW is very Tikka focused. Any of his mags usually work great when using a Tikka action.
But I have found that his AI mags are not 100% true to AI dimensions and if you want to run them with another action (eg an R700 clone) they don't always work. It really depends on the chassis and action combination. They are quite often a sloppy fit in the mag well and often just fall out.

Tatt

#8 Postby Tatt » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:30 pm

Thank you for the clarification CamoWhamo

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”