USPS and the long wait

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

saum2

Re: USPS and the long wait

#16 Postby saum2 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:39 am

Pablolig wrote:Go Australia Post!!
7 days between Adelaide and Mildura.
450 km

Pablo, I sent a parcel with Aust Post to Adelaide on Monday this week, arrived on Tuesday next day at 11.39 am

BATattack

#17 Postby BATattack » Fri May 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Pablolig wrote:Go Australia Post!!
7 days between Adelaide and Mildura.
450 km

Yeah it's a joke! And it's been like that pre covid

Had a few parcels send from us recently. USPS priority express delivered in 7-10 days . . . .haven't bothered checking it's frequent flier miles just happy it turned up in very reasonable timeframe

willow

#18 Postby willow » Fri May 07, 2021 8:40 pm

Yeah I must have been one of the lucky ones, 3 weeks on two separate parcels out of the US, about par for the course.

Old Trev-39

#19 Postby Old Trev-39 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi All,
At long last my reamer turned up to-day. 35 days from initial posting till I got it to-day.
Cheers,
Trevor.

PeteFox

#20 Postby PeteFox » Fri May 14, 2021 8:43 am

Almost 2 months to the day my case trimmer turned up after being subjected to all sorts of indignities.
- Strip searched by US customs
- Sitting in Sydney being ignored by Aus customs
- Shipped off to NZ without any sensible reason
- On to Melbourne only to wait in customs again
- On shipped without even the courtesy of a scan
- Arrived in my freight box totally unannounced and discovered by accident

I think a fair bit of the problem is that AusPost tracking system doesn't work. Even after it was delivered, tracking said it was still in Melbourne.
A friend of mine had her books from the US delivered to Sydney only to be shipped off to Brussels before being turned around and finally delivered after 3 months.
How incoming freight manages to be put into outbound freight defies understanding
Pete

Fire Dog

#21 Postby Fire Dog » Fri May 28, 2021 5:46 pm

agro wrote:My gripe is with US mailing costs.
I was quoted the price and postage for a barrel tuner that they quoted as weighting 6oz and the postage they quoted was $US40. That's $AUS 51.65
WTF!!!! what a ripoff.
No way

Good luck

As others have said, that is the company just giving out a "safe" {for them} cost and the actual postage cost may be much less than that but it covers their "Shipping & Handling" costs and having to go down to the PO to mail the item...
Some companies in the US just aren't interested in sending things with the USPO as they mostly use UPS or other couriers for their deliveries as they come and pick from their warehouse and they have a "special rate" negotiated with those couriers as they send so much of their items with them.
If you have someone in the USA {in my case, my family} I can often get "FREE" shipping to them and then have them then go to the PO and send it here to OZ...
Saying all that, USPO charges have been steadily raising and is a lot more expensive then it was a few years ago... AND slower too!
Even paying extra for "Priority Mail" at the moment can be much slower than before due to C-19 issues I suspect.
Some companies are willing to go the extra mile to see if they can get you the best rate for shipping {Pacific Tool & Die for one as well as Rodzilla, both of which I have dealt with recently}
If you absolutely have to have it "right away" then go for the big$$$ and have a courier delivery. I have found FedEx {and cheaper than UPS} the best and delivery is 2-5 days from anywhere in the world.

Adrian_m44

#22 Postby Adrian_m44 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:37 am

Don’t get me started with usps, I have a package that has spent 54 days doing laps around Chicago distribution center
Went form Minnesota to Chicago and has not moved form there
Send a usps a email and get no reply
$300 us for quick shipping my ass

Bigtravoz

#23 Postby Bigtravoz » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:08 pm

I have had stuff take 7 days by usps and had other stuff take near on 6 months. It’s a complete crapshoot. Bit like buying from a certain Australian distributor of an American company that will remain unnamed.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”