Adjusting RPA gold trigger

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Hewi

Adjusting RPA gold trigger

#1 Postby Hewi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:13 am

Hi,
I am returning to shooting and wanted to try F/TR. I have acquired an RPA quadlock with the gold coloured trigger that is still set at 1.5kg. I have tried searching for information on how to adjust the trigger weight to a lower weight but haven't had any luck.
Could anyone point me in the direction of a helpful publication or give a run through on how to go about the task.
Thanks,
Dave

tonic4u

Re: Adjusting RPA gold trigger

#2 Postby tonic4u » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:46 am

Hey Dave: search Triple J Imports and you will find trigger adjustment details per technical downloads; otherwise message James Corbett per the forum membership (he was the Aust agent for RPA, and Triple J Imports is his business). Any issues, I will send information.
TimB

AllanH

#3 Postby AllanH » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi

Here is a copy of the manual for the gold trigger. Hope it helps. If your trigger has the Std TR trigger you may need to fit a lighter spring to get down to a trigger weight around 500 grams. I had this mod done when I bought my Gold trigger from the UK a few years back.

Allan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hewi

#4 Postby Hewi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:59 pm

Thanks for the information guys, that helps a lot! I would be happy to get to 800 grams or so to start and if the trigger feels good get the 500gram spring.
Some basic questions. I assume you degrease the whole mechanism, dry and then remove side plate to apply new lubricant?
Any particular brand or type of graphite paste to use? This trigger looks like the whole thing has oil inside it.
Should the bent/sear faces be lubricant free where they engage?
Thanks again,
Dave

scott/r

#5 Postby scott/r » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:56 am

Hey Dave, I'll bring the manuals to the range when we reopen for you to copy.
Scott.

Hewi

#6 Postby Hewi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:24 am

Cheers Scott, that would be great!

Return to “Equipment & Technical”