Sightron scope

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Shane m may

Sightron scope

#1 Postby Shane m may » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:52 am

Thinking about purchasing a sightron scope in 10x50 -60 moa fine cross hair is there anyone who is unhappy with these scopes and reason for thanks

AlanF

Re: Sightron scope

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:05 am

I have that exact model. A minor quibble is that the side focus knob is hard to turn and very sensitive. It can take several attempts to get the parallax out. Its not a major thing because that process only has to be done once at the preparation stage of a range. One thing that may put some people off is the weight. They are one of the heaviest scopes in common use. This can be an issue for some, including F/TR where overall weight saving is a critical factor. But generally its been very reliable (never needed servicing in the 10 years I've used it), and for all practical purposes, optically as good as any scope I've had, which includes a NF Comp.

HamonetMM

#3 Postby HamonetMM » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:16 am

I have two, both MOA2 great for aim off and good value for the outlay.

Peter L

#4 Postby Peter L » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:38 pm

I've got two of them and I'm very happy. What Alan said,it's true but not an issue. Some time ago I used a march scope and I couldn't justify the price! That's my 2 cents.

Rob Coombs

#5 Postby Rob Coombs » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:05 am

I had one on a 243 Ackley and it was a great scope. Its optics were as good as my Nightforces (in my opinion). My only gripe, and it wasn't a major concern on a target rifle, was the same as Allens...very fiddly to focus.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”