Double Pull Trigger?????

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Rick

Double Pull Trigger?????

#1 Postby Rick » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Can anyone tell me what, if there is such a thing, a "double pull trigger", is/means? Saw an ad. for a rifle that stated the trigger can be set for single, or double pull; this is one I've not heard of. Thanks.......

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:23 pm

welcome to ozfclass Rick

A 'Double pull' trigger is also know as a 'two stage' trigger.

Some would argue that a two stage trigger allows for finer trigger control by allowing some of the weight to be taken up as the trigger is squeezed (first stage) before the second stage is engaged and the trigger sear released. Two stage triggers, like Single stage triggers, only use one trigger blade and effectivly look the same from the outside.

Two stage triggers are normally seen in target shooting, along with single stage units, rather than on say a hunting rifle. As an example my Sako TRG trigger is a Two Stage, and, it can be set as a Single Stage if required.

You may also come across ‘Double Set triggers’ where 2 triggers are used, basicaly the first one does nothing apart from 'set' the trigger and allows the second trigger to be activated at a normally very light release weight. There are also 'Single set triggers' too that can be used as a normal weight trigger or pushed forward to create a light 'hair' trigger. These can be, and are seen, on several hunting/varmint type rifles, especially the older ones.

However ... the Austeyr used by the military uses a Double pull trigger, but thats an assault rifle and the first pull fires a single shot (semi auto), where the second pull fires a burst. But i dont think thats what you were looking at :lol:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Return to “Equipment & Technical”