F-Class World Championships 2023

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Re: F-Class World Championships 2023

#61 Postby RDavies » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:29 am

Another quick update. Yes I know I have been a little tardy but we are busy over here and at 10.30pm Im still cleaning barrels

The South African Nationals started yesterday with relatively mild conditions at 700m, with enough movement to cause a few lost points. A few have had a few vertical shots and are busy trying to tweak loads. There were a few high scores around 75/10 to 75.13 for those running well. Yesterdays 800m got very tricky and some good shooters dropped quite a few points.

Yesterdays 900m was delayed due to wild lightning storms and hail on the range so it was postponed unil today. Todays 800m again proved to be quite difficult with no 75s and some people dropping quite a few points.

They ran yesterdays and todays 900m this afternoon and again conditions were not too bad so there were quite a few high V count 75s. Some peoples guns suffered with fouling after doing 4x15 round targets and fouling is apparently a bit more of an issue here.

Tomorrow is the Protea teams match with all countries competing with 8 shooters and 2x coaches for 15 shots at 700, 800, 900M

I tried to take some pictures of the line today while F/tr was down. It was certainly different to home when you see 100+ F/tr shooters on the line shooting at once as we are shooting 3 to a target. F Open and F/tr are squadded separately as is usual outside Australia.

I will try to get back in next few days with more news but really we are kept busy with cleaning, bullet seating and presentation dinners tonight. I know Ive been slack with pictures but no doubt you have seen a few pics from peoples social media? I will try to post some in next few days if possible

John T

#62 Postby John T » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am

Thanks Rod.

Absolutely no need to apologise. You and all those with you are there to COMPETE, not be Ed Morrow on "This is London calling." We have no claim on your time, though we very much appreciate whatever time you can spare.

Your catch cry should be, "We're gonna have fun fun fun till the man takes the targets away."

VBR
John Tracey.

Azzopardi

#63 Postby Azzopardi » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:43 pm

F-open agg.info from one of the shooters.

8CBDE37F-0541-4025-9E32-A7145DB3CF8D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Azzo

John T

#64 Postby John T » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:08 pm

Hello.

Great results for our Coaches who appear to have been placed 9th, Jason, 19th, Stuart and 30th, Lowell, in the SA aggregate.

More importantly, amongst them, they scored 4 75's and 2 74's at the two 900m ranges.

Regards,
John T

Azzopardi

#65 Postby Azzopardi » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:58 pm

You may find some shooters are not completing in the last day of the SA open today due to sickness. Members from all teams are crook and are resting today because the Individual worlds start on Monday.
Regards,
Azzo

jasmay

#66 Postby jasmay » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:39 pm

Yesterday the Australian F-Open team competed in the 8 man international team match (World Champs Lead-Up) finishing 2nd to South Africa by 9 points. It was a great comp and the team ran very smoothly. Conditions were moderate with some fast changes.

Today, Friday the 24th was the final day of the SA Open, we had 4 Aussies in the top 15 final shoot off, Rod Davies, Albert van Wyk, Alistair LaMour & Richard Bailey.

I decided to retire from the match after day 2 and the 8 man team match, the Aussie team has had a virus go through the camp, I’ve kept it at bay for the past week sharing a room with a team mate who copped it quite bad, I’ve been up and down with how I’ve been feeling and now feeling run down. With 2 days to go before the worlds start, rest seemed like the smart option.

It’s been a great comp to date, with a strong showing from the Aussies, I can’t thank my team mates enough for their professionalism and teamwork!!

Erik Cortina of team USA has won the 3 day SA open, congrats Erik, still running hot after the Berger SWN with earlier this year!!

Final prep for worlds tomorrow!!

FB link for photos: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... tid=qC1gEa

RAVEN

#67 Postby RAVEN » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:58 pm

Looking on with keen interest Jason
thanx for the update Jason & Rod
Looking solid so far =D>
Make sure they all look after themselve an not over do it
Sharp minds and keen focus The best TEAM will be the victors
May the force be with you all
Wishing you all Good Luck

RB :D

Tim N

#68 Postby Tim N » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:19 am

Hi everyone
I’ve been quiet this time as it’s all been pretty busy.
Shooting over here could be described as “interesting” with tail winds being a consistent condition to deal with.
An official apology from myself to Rod for not being able to keep up with marking during his string fire stage which dropped him down the board.
He was running in third position before the last stage.
Good luck to all for the individuals
Tim
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#69 Postby RDavies » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:40 pm

Tim N wrote:Hi everyone
I’ve been quiet this time as it’s all been pretty busy.
Shooting over here could be described as “interesting” with tail winds being a consistent condition to deal with.
An official apology from myself to Rod for not being able to keep up with marking during his string fire stage which dropped him down the board.
He was running in third position before the last stage.
Good luck to all for the individuals
Tim

All good Tim, not your fault. The issue Tim referred to was there was a shoot for the top 15 in the Nationals, which 4 Aussies (myself, Richard Bailey, Alistair Larmor and Albert Van Wyk) made it into. Due to poor communication, poor quality sound from the microphones and possibly language barriers, we did not realise the final 15 would be shot 20 shots string fire with a plot board and scorer which we had to supply. I hastily grabbed the closest 2 people to me who had to share the binoculars they had to score for me. Since it was string fire, at some stages I shot quite quickly, during which time the range officer came up and told my plotter and scorer that one of the scorers or plotters had to get back. I was unaware the range officer was talking to them and so kept firing, with these shots being missed. Two other shooters had the same problem with one American having 5 shots not scored so we werent the only ones.

Anyway I still got 3rd in the Nationals but naturally dropped back in the Grand agg, which Im OK with and another Australian, Richard Bailey stepped up to take 3rd in the Nationals grand agg. Mia Lowe took 2nd under 25, 2nd female and combined with her father Darren (frog) won the family match. Alistair Larmor also got a top 10 medal in the grand agg as he finished well in a field of over 100 of the best F open shooters in the world.

As others mentioned, the day before, Australia came 2nd to South Africa with Team USA in 3rd in the 8 man national teams competition which was shot with coaches, 15 shots each shooter at 700, 800, 900 meters. Tim and Lewis shot in the Australian team, while I was reserve. Tim and Lewis team guns worked well but, like myself, they are still testing and tuning their individual "B" guns. Their team or "A" guns however were working very well.
Yesterday the final day of the national individuals competition was fired at 800 and 900m. The conditions at 800m was not too bad (though myself and quite a few others did still leak a shot or two out, there were quite a few 75s. The 900m however was very tricky with regular direction changes so noone shot 75s and most people dropped quite a few points. I only dropped 3 points for a 72 which got me 3rd place.

I was glad the F open relay went first as the F/tr relay got caught in a bad rain storm which shooters having to add 2 minutes every shot until the match was stopped when shooters couldnt see the targets. The F/tr match was continued an hour later when conditions were much nicer.

Today is practice day for the worlds where some of us will verify loads and others will have a rest day, ready for the individual world championships which start tomorrow.

willow

#70 Postby willow » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:20 pm

Some great results among the Aussie crowd for the South African Nationals - awesome job guys and girls! All the best for the main event, time to put all the training, preparation and effort into being the best competitor you can be - go get em!

RAVEN

#71 Postby RAVEN » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:27 pm

well done Aussies,
all looking very solid for the main events.
Good Luck to you all.
RB

BATattack

#72 Postby BATattack » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:35 am

Aussies look to be representing themselves well in the individuals. Plenty of South Africans in the mix but that is to be expected given their percentage of entries and familiar range.

Things happen and you can only adapt and learn. I remember shooting Bisley paired with a fellow Australian in the individuals in Canada. Their gun had taken a tumble and the first two sighters were a miss and neither of us could see the splash to make an adjustment. A new scope came out the range bag and was screwed on (in under 45 seconds of course) and I think we ended up with gold and silver for the range between us. 75.13 and 75.12 or something! Good preparation of a backup scope and good mental management for that person got the results and a great story to tell the grandkids! I reckon he learnt to change that scope BEFORE going to the line next time :-)

John T

#73 Postby John T » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:19 am

SHOT ONE, BE PATIENT.

SHOT FIFTEEN. BE PATIENT.

AlanF

#74 Postby AlanF » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:18 am

Some great performances in F-Open on day one of the FCWC individuals. Albert took gold in the 700m then Rod cleaned up in the 800m! In the daily agg Rod was only a point behind in 3rd, and Richard Bailey a further point behind in 5th.

https://2021fcwc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/MATCH-4-F-OPEN-AGGREGATE-DAY-1.pdf

FT/R have no-one in the top 40 after day one. Maybe better things to come on days 2 and 3.

https://2021fcwc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/MATCH-4-FTR-AGGREGATE-DAY-1.pdf

Unlike the SA Championship event, the FCWC results are being posted promptly. Best link to see them is https://2021fcwc.com/fcwc-2023-results/.

Chopper

#75 Postby Chopper » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:33 am

Brilliant start Well Done
=D> Chopper

Return to “Events”