The Inaugural National KINGS has been and gone!

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

The Inaugural National KINGS has been and gone!

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:39 am

This event has been and gone unnoticed by us. It and I guess all former Queens events will henceforth be Kings, which may take some time to get used to.

Looking at Brisbane radar the main event was apparently shortened by wet weather, only 6 ranges in the Kings. However there were some very good scores over the first 4 days.

Congrats to Henk Doggen for a great win which has taken him to the top of our F-Std rankings, and to Darren (Frog) Lowe for a deserving win in F-Open to maintain his No1 ranking. And in F/TR a first time winner at this level in Josef Ekkerd.

Links : NRAA Results, Hex Systems Competition Data, Ozfclass.com Rankings

If anyone who was at the event has any further information it'll be appreciated.

Daveh

Re: The Inaugural National KINGS has been and gone!

#2 Postby Daveh » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:18 pm

I just followed the link for the Ozfclas.com rankings to check out the F/TR list and then followed the F/TR Derivations list and while scrolling through came across names that have points for the NQ Queen's this year that as far as I know we're not even competing in F/TR at the event.
Only checked the NQ event as I met or know the guys who shot F/TR.

I hope I have made a mistake and not understood fully how the system works.

Regards
Dave

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:37 pm

Daveh wrote:I just followed the link for the Ozfclas.com rankings to check out the F/TR list and then followed the F/TR Derivations list and while scrolling through came across names that have points for the NQ Queen's this year that as far as I know we're not even competing in F/TR at the event.
Only checked the NQ event as I met or know the guys who shot F/TR.

I hope I have made a mistake and not understood fully how the system works.

Regards
Dave

Okay I'll have a look. Errors do happen. Can you PM me please with details.

Azzopardi

#4 Postby Azzopardi » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Congratulations to all the winners, there deserve their No. 1 badges. Also, well done to all that competed in the first Kings in this decade.

However, moving the Nationals to October was a very risky decision. I lived in Brisbane for 11 years and anyone who has done so, knows October and November are storm/hail/thunder/lightning months. I remember catching a train from Central station to Zillmere station, only to navigate through 150mm of hail on the platform while ducking for cover from the balance of hail not yet impacted terra firma.

The big question is, has the members been advantaged by the move to October and has the majority noticed any positive impact from Shooting Australia?

I put it to the target shooting community, do we move the Nationals back to June where there is less weather risk and it doesn’t congest state championships (I.e. 1 major shoot every month just before December) or, leave it as is in October?
Regards,
Azzo

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:29 pm

Daveh,
I believe the problem is now fixed. The whole of the F/TR derivations page was corrupted, but the rankings page was correct. Please get back to me if you can still see problems.

Daveh

#6 Postby Daveh » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:04 am

Alan
I just posted a pm to you saying I can't explain but it looks ok now. It had me thinking I did something wrong.

Anyhow thanks for your work. I know how much time goes into running a site plus you are looking after and keeping the ranking up to date.
Very much appreciated.
Dave

bobped

#7 Postby bobped » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:00 am

The decision of the NRAA to run a "Festival of Shooting" and change their Queens (Kings) date was a poor one done by an inexperienced Board. The dates for various State and National Queens (now Kings) had evolved gradually over the years into the most sensible and suitable order. The change for the NRAA Kings date this year mucked all this up.
A lot of shooters didn't attend because the National Interstate Teams are on in Canberra only 3 weeks after Brisbane, and very few can afford the time or money to travel to Brisbane and then Canberra in that time frame.
Hopefully the NRAA Board will revert to their usual date.
In theory we individuals cannot approach the NRAA Board directly, because they are responsible only directly to their member States. Nag at your State Council Members to get their State Association to nag at the NRAA Board if you want anything changed.

angus9132

#8 Postby angus9132 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:28 pm

A

willow

#9 Postby willow » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:16 pm

Azzopardi wrote:Congratulations to all the winners, there deserve their No. 1 badges. Also, well done to all that competed in the first Kings in this decade.

However, moving the Nationals to October was a very risky decision. I lived in Brisbane for 11 years and anyone who has done so, knows October and November are storm/hail/thunder/lightning months. I remember catching a train from Central station to Zillmere station, only to navigate through 150mm of hail on the platform while ducking for cover from the balance of hail not yet impacted terra firma.

The big question is, has the members been advantaged by the move to October and has the majority noticed any positive impact from Shooting Australia?

I put it to the target shooting community, do we move the Nationals back to June where there is less weather risk and it doesn’t congest state championships (I.e. 1 major shoot every month just before December) or, leave it as is in October?

Mark, I agree with your viewpoint regarding the scheduling. October is not a good month due to the unpredictability in weather, and being 1 month away from ACT Kings...will certainly rule a few people out from attending because of the short gap and costs associated. NSW will move their Queens to January next year as the weather is warm and generally consistent, and there's no other major comps to interfere with it, with VIC not rolling around until April.

Keeping the Nationals in June or whatever it used to be is the way to go IMO.

RDavies

#10 Postby RDavies » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:27 pm

They could always move it to different ranges each year and change the format to differentiate it from every other Queens/Kings going on these days. Start getting interstate shooters interested in travelling again.

Return to “Events”