F Class World Championships Bisley 2009

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Ken L

F Class World Championships Bisley 2009

#1 Postby Ken L » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 am

=D> Icfra have set the bullet weight limit for F Class Restricted to 155 gn for the FCWC 2009
So all you FS guy's /gals will have to think quickly about the formation of a FS team if you want to go to Bisley next year.
AS well as that start talking to BJD about producing some more of their HBC bullets as used in the2007 Palma matches. (about 3 moa flatter at 1000 yards and as good as the 154 Lapua)
:D :D :D

CEW

#2 Postby CEW » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 am

I know of two shooters that wish to go to Bisley but as individuals. One wants to shoot Standard if it eventuates but will shoot open if not. The other will shoot Open. I take it that Standard or FTR as the Americans call it has been accepted? Can you post more of the rules or format or tell us where to find this out please?
Thanks Peter.

Ken PM sent.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:31 am

Ken, Peter,

My understanding of the FT/R event at Bisley in 2009 is that there is one important difference with the F-Open event - it is not a World Championship event. Yes there will be a FT/R International Teams event, and the opportunity to shoot in the individual events. I might be wrong, but that is the way I read it.

Alan

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:24 pm

Apologies - I didn't have that quite right. Below is a quote from the invitation. Looks like F/TR will have an individual World Championship, but the team event will be the Rutland Cup, which I believe is a 2 day event run concurrently with the FCWC teams, but teams are not national teams and have 4 shooters (c.f. 8 for the FCWC teams).

For the first time the FCWC will be open to F/TR (to be known as ‘F Restricted’) shooters, who will compete for the ‘F Restricted Individual Championship’. Teams of ‘F restricted’ competitors will be eligible to enter the Rutland Team matches. Targets for F/Restricted will be the same as ‘open’ F class. All individual shooting will be ‘Bisley style’ two or three to a target.

If there is enough interest, we can certainly cater for F/TR in the Bisley Forum.

Alan

desparr

#5 Postby desparr » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:50 am

Gentlemen,

Let me clarifiy the situation re F/TR (or F Standard as you call it).

There will be an F/TR World Championships for National teams of 4.
There will also be the Rutland Cup which is for approved teams of 4 F/O shooters.
Both of these matches run concurrently with the National 8-man F/O teams.
The only difference between the 2009 FCWCs and the previous FCWCs in 2002 and 2005 is the addition of the F/TR component.

We do hope we will see a good contingent of Australians at Bisley in 2009, it is long way to travel of course, but it is just once every four years and is the biggest event in the F-class world.
I have fond memories of meeting your countrymen at the inaugural F-class World Championships in Canada 2002, they were excellent shooters and great ambassadors for their country, hopefully we'll meet again.

If you require any clarification or assistance, I am happy to help.

Regards,

Des Parr
GB Captain.

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:38 am

Thank you Des - finally, we have it right!

Do you know where we can get a copy of the ICFRA FT/R rules just approved?

desparr

#7 Postby desparr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 am

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the delay in responding.
The most up-to-date rules I have are those passed in December last year, they are on the ICFRA website at:

http://www.icfra.us/f-classrules.html

The matter of the F/TR bullet weight is not yet finalised to everyone's satisfaction, it was passed as being "up to 155gr" in .30cal but is proving unpopular.

Cheers,
Des.

Return to “Events”