F CLASS STATE TEAMS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#1 Postby Chopper » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Well xmas is over and the new year has started and ime wondering what you blokes think about firing up the F class state teams, what do you think ???, i know i would be interested,ime sure by now there are more than required in some states so who knows there may even have to be selections, the DRA teams in victoria shows how hot its getting, PAUL.

agro

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#2 Postby agro » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:06 pm

I would be interested!!!

Wayne

VickiMcc

#3 Postby VickiMcc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Is the team an Open team or a Std Team???

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:43 pm

At the Canberra Queens, there was a State teams event of sorts in F-Std. I think it just used the scores from the normal competition on one or two days. I believe WA won, which was good because they were the main reason it happened.

If there was to be a coached teams event, I would like to see F-Open included - perhaps by having teams of say 5 F-Std and 2 F-Open. It would make it harder to organise, but there is a lot to be gained by including everyone.

Alan

Chopper

#5 Postby Chopper » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Paul the question was for FS but i would like to hear from any one interested in FO???? to put the challenge out i reckon i could round up shooters in FO and FS to beat the rest in any state , anyone interested, big words i know but there it is .

Chopper

#6 Postby Chopper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:03 pm

wem, could we have that discussion on this forum please as i have tried to get some feed back here and other ideas of when ,where , how and IF, no pm,s , just trying to see if anybody is interested in its growth,regards Paul.

agro

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#7 Postby agro » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:08 pm

As mentioned earlier, I'm interested.
I hope it includes FO??
What is the feedback to date???

Chopper

#8 Postby Chopper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Well bugger all feedback wem and yes as Alan said even a two man state team would be good for FO ,but none intersted even in FS,you might be right Matt.

balcom

State Teams

#9 Postby balcom » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi All,
I spoke to a NSW Councillor about state teams for F Class and he told me that NSW assoc will not not support it at this time.
PeterH

Ken L

#10 Postby Ken L » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 am

Hi All,
I spoke to a NSW Councillor about state teams for F Class and he told me that NSW assoc will not not support it at this time.
PeterH

That would be right they are too busy thinking about keeping the Malabar Garbage dump to think about anything else.

The only suport they ever gave to any F Class team was to give them some hat bands back in 2001.

AlanF

Re: State Teams

#11 Postby AlanF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:08 am

balcom wrote:...NSW assoc will not not support it at this time...

I suppose it doesn't necessarily require all State Associations to be involved. The main thing it needs is an available venue, and willing participants, from NSW or anywhere else. What benefits would State Association support for a team normally provide?

Alan

Chopper

#12 Postby Chopper » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:26 am

Alan i have had a bit to do with state team and the vickys do give some support but i have found that the shooters shoot in it for love of there sport and for the chance of representing the state,a great honour indeed, some try out for years to get in and some dont even make it ,for this sport to grow we need the support of the states for F CLASS its the way its going and i buggered if i know why they wont support ,it would be good to find out WHY NOT AT THIS STAGE we dont want dollars just moral support, WHATS THE PROBLEM, after all its up to us,and i do know that the powers to be are keeping an eye on this forum so have youre say, Paul

agro

F CLASS STATE TEAMS

#13 Postby agro » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Bingo , Give the man a cigar, he has hit the nail on the head. In the short time that I have been a member of this sport I have seen little to no support from the governing body. Of the OPM's that I have been to in the last couple of years, I can count on one hand the size of the group who are interested in competing, this is pathetic. I beleive the South Aussies have led the way by organising their own F Class association. For this discipline to survive the F class fraternity (all states)need to set its own goals and direction seperate to the other disciplines. I beleive there are others out there who share the same idea.
Am I alone in thinking this, please step forward???

Wayne

Matt P

#14 Postby Matt P » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:48 am

Wayne
NO !!!!
But people have to get off their arse and actually do something, anything !!!
In most cases it's simply turn up and have a good time, it's not really that hard.
I got the FS Tiverton Cup going at Canberra last year (FS teams match @ 600M ) it took about 3hrs of work and half a dozen phone calls and a generous sponser for the trophy, unfortunatly the larger than expected numbers meant that it couldn't be run but the trophy is there for next year and years to come.
Ok I've had my rant, thats all from me.
Matt P :evil:

Tom Lowndes

Teams

#15 Postby Tom Lowndes » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 pm

wem

Have a look at the results page on this web site and you will find that Vic were the first to introduce A/B FClass Std not only at PMs but also at the VRA Queens.

Have a look at the no of FStd shooters who attend PMs in Vic,look at the no of FStd shooters who shoot in Qld/Syd/SA /ACT Queens .

I have personally been involved with promoting FStd in three states and one territory since its inception(along with many others),and I suggest to you that perhaps you should do some homework before having a go at the fastest growing disipline in any shooting disclipline in this country.

Come to Glenrowan at Easter for the two day PM,last year 25 FStd Shooters A/B Grade(even you dont have that many fingers).

$100.00 First Place for the Two Day Agg on top of the normal prize list,A/B
all in together.

You will meet some of the best inthe country.

Perhaps as a short timer (your words),you may learn somthing as to what we are about.

Tom Lowndes

Return to “Events”