Lifting Restrictions on Brakes in F-Class

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

Wal86

Re: Lifting Restrictions on Brakes in F-Class

#121 Postby Wal86 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:01 pm

bainp wrote:
Wal86 wrote:
Our decision making of late and what's priority is tragic, heck the time/resources and money spent on a recent safety issue (Empty Chamber Indicator), we didn't have a safety issue to solve, we have an impeccable safety record... But we solved that issue good job..

Cheers
Alan

I am not so sure about an impeccable safety record.
There was a boy shot on a range in the past, in the time I have been competitively shooting ie 43 years. I have personally had a hire car shot on a range by another person, the shot missed me and my partner only by a matter of a few meters. Probably wrote the car off.
These thing are not widely publicised but the governing bodies try to take all measures to try to prevent similar instances again and learn from these events. Every safety measure taken to prevent a similar occurrence is a step in right direction.

Bainp,

How long ago did this incident occur?
What safety measures were implemented after this particular incident?
Was the person involved in the incident allowed back on a range/were police notified of the incident?

Cheers
Alan

bainp

Re: Lifting Restrictions on Brakes in F-Class

#122 Postby bainp » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:21 am

I will not go into details. I was only making the point that we don't have such an impeccable safety record that you may think.
The police had to be involved in these instances. These are only 2 instances that I know of, and there may be others, that I am unaware of.
The blue breech flag is just an example of things that the governing body is doing to try to make ranges safer.
Philip

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”