Projectile & Primer Supplies - We need to something...

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

jasmay

Re: Projectile & Primer Supplies - We need to something...

#31 Postby jasmay » Fri May 12, 2023 2:58 pm

Aus9914 wrote:
jasmay wrote:Que the nay-sayers……. But personally, I’d rather read another pie in the sky idea than a negative view!!

And you can stop your name calling. Facts don't care about your feelings.

Naysayers really isn't name calling, the fact is a naysayer is someone who criticizes, objects to or opposes something, i.e. someone talking negatively about something, factually, where do you think your comments fall?

As for research, I don't need to do a lot, as someone who has spent their entire life within Australian manufacturing I am well versed in the costs and principles associated with it.

I firmly believe with the right business case and the right people, manufacturing can be profitable in Australia, many companies do it day in day out., including the one I run.

If you have a vision, your biggest hurdle will be seeing past those that will find ways to bring you down rather than lift you up, if you win that battle, you're in a good position to succeed.

Barossa_222

#32 Postby Barossa_222 » Fri May 12, 2023 4:12 pm

jasmay wrote:
Aus9914 wrote:
jasmay wrote:Que the nay-sayers……. But personally, I’d rather read another pie in the sky idea than a negative view!!

And you can stop your name calling. Facts don't care about your feelings.

Naysayers really isn't name calling, the fact is a naysayer is someone who criticizes, objects to or opposes something, i.e. someone talking negatively about something, factually, where do you think your comments fall?

As for research, I don't need to do a lot, as someone who has spent their entire life within Australian manufacturing I am well versed in the costs and principles associated with it.

I firmly believe with the right business case and the right people, manufacturing can be profitable in Australia, many companies do it day in day out., including the one I run.

If you have a vision, your biggest hurdle will be seeing past those that will find ways to bring you down rather than lift you up, if you win that battle, you're in a good position to succeed.

I 100% agree with you. I spent 10 years in one of Australia's leading manufacturing companies. I now operate a small business and have done for even longer and still to this day the average persons understanding of what it takes still baffles me. You obviously knows the ins and outs of what it takes, along with the pitfalls and challenges.
The right business case, the right people involved, the finance behind it, all of these things move you closer to the goal. People vote with their feet/wallets.
I don't know if the Australian team approached any local manufacturers about using their projectiles/powder/cases/barrels but it would appear that they went for what works/wins. From my understanding for the majority of the team, Copperheads, Bertram Brass, Maddco and ADI weren't utilised. Now if we can't get the pinnacle of our sport to buy/use Australian made, why would the masses follow suit and how strong would that business case be to start a venture?
Again, I wholeheartedly support new ideas and hope that our association changes with the times to grow it stronger and larger. I hope that people with business nous and acumen are giving board positions ahead of those who are merely "good shots" or long term members or mates of people who once held positions. Most of all, I hope people do more than talk because those of us that have tried to champion change or expose corruption and lack of integrity are growing tired of fighting with little support.

AlanF

#33 Postby AlanF » Fri May 12, 2023 4:19 pm

Jason,

Familiar with the term naysayers, but curious about the whole expression with "que the"?

jasmay

#34 Postby jasmay » Sat May 13, 2023 9:37 pm

AlanF wrote:Jason,

Familiar with the term naysayers, but curious about the whole expression with "que the"?

Sorry Alan, I shouldn’t type things when I’m in a rush… “Cue” is what I meant… i.e. “that is your cue to say something”

Ricko

#35 Postby Ricko » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:30 am

Hey guys- sorry to re-hash this thread but I just noticed Rexem are now producing their own jackets and are back in the game with 69/75 and 77 grain projectiles in 223, with 6mm heavies (100+ grains) coming in the next month. Gotta say having used their 69s in the past I’m really thrilled to hear this, moving out of sporter hunter to F class with a 6 Creed. I have followed their journey for a while and it’s been an amazing little story. Anyway, 6mm with unlimited stock is just a blessing! Also talk of 6.5 too!

MacP

#36 Postby MacP » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:42 am

For those that are interested this is the second to last draw stage of a 30 cal jacket that I am working on at the moment. I will be producing jackets, lead wire, cores and complete projectiles. The jury is still out as to whether I will sell components to other suppliers.

Steps to reach full production are.
1. Produce high tolerance tooling to make jackets in limited quantities. In progress.
2. Tolerances are around 2 microns which requires climate control.
3. Make a die for the 155 grain 308. This is partially done. Unfortunately the materials and heat treatment processes are not available locally to realize the full potential of the material I need to use so this will have to be sourced from overseas.
4. Make a squirting die. Some of this has been done. Required tooling for the manufacturing process is not available locally so once again I need to import it.
5. Hand make projectiles for testing.
6. Build full production machinery.

All of this needs to be done while I do my other manufacturing and consulting so the time frame is pretty open. Don't ask for any specifics as to what I am doing as this is all proprietary information. I am also not interested in investors or crowd funding.

308 jacket.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

superx10

#37 Postby superx10 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:20 pm

Any Australian made products that is of equivalent standard would be most welcome especially the 155 Grain .308 target as there could be as much 20000 shot on any weekend and twice this much if a Kings event is on . Can't wait to try them.

Toe Cutter

#38 Postby Toe Cutter » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:36 pm

I’d like to see ADI make primers - they’re already making the powder - all they need to do now is make the cups…. It can’t be that hard…. We used to make our own cars not so long ago pumping out pressed doors and fenders..

willow

#39 Postby willow » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:45 pm

Toe Cutter wrote:I’d like to see ADI make primers - they’re already making the powder - all they need to do now is make the cups…. It can’t be that hard…. We used to make our own cars not so long ago pumping out pressed doors and fenders..

They're probably best placed of anyone at the moment although investing in the technology required to produce primers which are high quality, and in sufficient numbers will be the challenge. NIOA were looking into this a couple of years ago and scrapped the idea as the government wasn't interested in helping them investing in the required technology and infrastructure.

Toe Cutter

#40 Postby Toe Cutter » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:43 am

willow wrote:
Toe Cutter wrote:I’d like to see ADI make primers - they’re already making the powder - all they need to do now is make the cups…. It can’t be that hard…. We used to make our own cars not so long ago pumping out pressed doors and fenders..

They're probably best placed of anyone at the moment although investing in the technology required to produce primers which are high quality, and in sufficient numbers will be the challenge. NIOA were looking into this a couple of years ago and scrapped the idea as the government wasn't interested in helping them investing in the required technology and infrastructure.

Yes - i think you nailed it when you said the government is disinterested …. IMO most, if not all, governments seem hell bent on disarming its citizens… why?

Even the UN has its Nose stuck in Australia’s Sporting/Hunting arms community - they want to track all ammunition - like… WTF has it got to do with them? … then our governments sign up with these unelected scum…

https://www.ssaa.org.au/?ss_news=global ... reed-at-un

Return to “General Forum”