What's up with Copperhead Bullets?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Fire Dog

What's up with Copperhead Bullets?

#1 Postby Fire Dog » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Has anyone been in contact with Ken Melgaard?
I have tried both phone, text and email and have not had any response since 14th of December last year....
I had been expecting my order notification in mid to late January but just have not gotten anything but the answering service to leave a message and text and email has not been responded to.
I'm rather concerned that something may have happened to Ken or his business during all the flooding down Albury-Wodonga way. :(
If anyone has had contact or knows what is happening with CopperHead bullets. please let me know.... [-o<
0402 6633 20

willow

Re: What's up with Copperhead Bullets?

#2 Postby willow » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:39 pm

He's still alive and from all reports working on a 7mm hybrid bullet...

HOUSSY

#3 Postby HOUSSY » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:16 pm

I have talk to him 3 days ago and still waiting for jackets hope to be around 3 weeks

Fire Dog

#4 Postby Fire Dog » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:18 pm

HOUSSY wrote:I have talk to him 3 days ago and still waiting for jackets hope to be around 3 weeks

Lucky You...
Sure wish I could talk to him....
I'm about to run out of the 103 6mm...!!!
No matter how flat out you may be, it is just a courtesy to your customers to at least acknowledge their contact.
I've always found him to be courteous to deal with either on the phone or by email that is why I was concerned that perhaps something had happened to him or the business.
Keeping my fingers crossed that at some point soon I will at least hear from him. \:D/
Thanks for the information :D

Johnny

#5 Postby Johnny » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:43 am

Pm sent Firedog

Sam Walker

#6 Postby Sam Walker » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:32 pm

I spoke to Ken late last year and he said email him in 6 weeks, which I did but got no reply. So I reluctantly went shopping for alternative 6.5mm projectiles. I assume jacket supply issues and a backlog of orders has him snowed under. I'd tried a few of his 140 and 150gn 6.5mm projectiles and they all shot very well, hard to choose one !
Sam

macguru

#7 Postby macguru » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:30 pm

I think with the current cost of imported projectiles, and the lack of supply, many will not be able to continue with our sport... certainly FO is looking a bit impractical. SH and STD less so .... recent shipments are mostly over a dollar a pill and that will only go up.
id quod est

ErrolW

#8 Postby ErrolW » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:43 pm

What projectiles are you after ??? Has been hard getting jackets for projectile makers but there still a few coming into the country. Time will tell with all the current crap going on in the world. Plus with getting stuff out of the US at the moment there are things that they won't send over do to our lovely government and boder force issues

michaeljp65

#9 Postby michaeljp65 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:48 am

I got a message from him the other day. He had a shipment of jackets go missing, but has received a replacement shipment now.

Sam Walker

#10 Postby Sam Walker » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:38 am

ErrolW wrote:What projectiles are you after ??? Has been hard getting jackets for projectile makers but there still a few coming into the country. >snip

I ended up using Hornady 140gn ELD-M 6.5mm but was keen to get more of Ken's 150gn Hybrid which I had a small batch of. He said he couldn't rely on supply of suitable jackets and would have to do a 146gn which I was keen to try. I shot the 150's at 900m and they were good.
Sam

Ken Melgaard

#11 Postby Ken Melgaard » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:03 pm

Hi Fellow shooters
Yes, my apologies for some of the delays in responding to your emails, text and phone messages
As, l have been overwhelmed by the response from you for bullets, as like most things involving with shooting they are getting harder to source!!
And, most of my orders from last year, l am still waiting for them, it’s very frustrating to even get an expected delivery date from them, it’s very difficult to deal with some of the American suppliers and getting a response from them.

Some jackets have been coming through slowly, and even Berger J4 jackets are now out to 12-18 months delivery time, and most are just keeping up with Bulllet Manufacturing (Berger & Sierra)
We can only hope that this will improve
I will make sure that I respond to all in a timely manner in the future
I am guessing Matt Paroz (LRP) must be in the same position, as l have tried to contact Matt, and still haven’t received any response.
Thank you all for your patience
Ken @ Copperhead Bulllets

RDavies

#12 Postby RDavies » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:40 pm

Ken Melgaard wrote:Hi Fellow shooters

Some jackets have been coming through slowly, and even Berger J4 jackets are now out to 12-18 months delivery time, and most are just keeping up with Bulllet Manufacturing (Berger & Sierra)

Ken @ Copperhead Bulllets

Just wondering which jackets have been arriving?

Ken Melgaard

#13 Postby Ken Melgaard » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Hi Rod,
Did receive(still with our good Border force people) some 30 caliber jackets for the 155.5 grain Palma bullets and some to make 22 caliber x 80 grain VLD bullets
Thank you
Ken @ Copperhead Bullets

Return to “General Forum”