Bullet Seeker chrono for fclass load development

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

GlennA

Bullet Seeker chrono for fclass load development

#1 Postby GlennA » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:57 pm

Hi Guys, just looking for feedback from fclass shooters who have used the Bullet Seeker Chrono. Keen to hear of people’s experiences with reliability with shot pick up and connectivity as well as how fclass shooters are positioning the unit itself (as distinct from attaching to the rifle) to pick the shot up? All feedback is appreciated!
There’s a reason for everything!

Dan81

Re: Bullet Seeker chrono for fclass load development

#2 Postby Dan81 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:42 pm

I've had the bullet seeker for about 2 months now, it's great, always reads the shots, unlike the labradar.

I shoot F-Open and have a go pro adjustable clamp mount, seeker is attached to the adjustable arm and the hand-type clamp just attaches to the front top of the rest feet handle.
Easy to set up, just a bit fiddly setting up and saving the strings in your phone but once you do it a few times it's easy.

Dan

Downes Equestrian

#3 Postby Downes Equestrian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:12 am

I've had one for about 4 months now. Very happy with it way better than the screen chrono that I was using.

PossessedPRC

#4 Postby PossessedPRC » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:45 am

ive found you will need the extension if using on things bigger than a 284.. ive tried it on a saum a few time with out the parabloic thingy and it will not read

i have also found the the positioning is very critical and during load development i was going across the target left to right and by the end it was out of its zone
very good once you get it set up

PeteFox

#5 Postby PeteFox » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:27 am

When you think about it, mounting a doppler radar back on the stock is counter-intuitive.
A radar is meant to reflect off things, put something in front of it and it will reflect off it, possibly interfering with the signal coming back from the bullet.
I have a LabRadar (second one, sold the first, couldn't live without it)
The labradar is a lousy beast for failing to pickup the bullet if anything is in front of it, even the front edge of a longish bench causes missed shots.

Once I bought a remote trigger, it changed everything. I can set the labradar about a foot off barrel centre back near the shooter so I can reach it and I haven't missed a shot since.
So perhaps mounting it further off the barrel line might save buying a $155 piece of plastic.
Pete

BATattack

#6 Postby BATattack » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:47 am

Some of the videos show people with them attached to the bottom or side of the forend, ie at least half the barrel length back from the muzzle. I wonder if you could make some sort of transferable mount that attaches to the scope tube or pic rail?

macguru

#7 Postby macguru » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:42 am

They look really good, hopefully someone will have one at the kings :)
id quod est

Return to “General Forum”