Component shortage

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Bradk

Re: Component shortage

#16 Postby Bradk » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:10 pm

My main problem is primers. When do they arrive. No good having prodgies when you cant get primers to move them.

John Weigel

#17 Postby John Weigel » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:55 pm

Seems like its hard to think the right way when components are here and abundant. Powder is abundant now, so I've stocked up, thinking two to three years ahead. When primers were abundant - not so long ago, same thing. I didn't catch on to the pattern until after the good times were over re Bergers, but constant search of overseas websites and patterns led to eventual success. Might seem like toilet-paper hoarding misbehaviour, but how else to keep shooting?

Matt P

#18 Postby Matt P » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:32 pm

John Weigel wrote:Seems like its hard to think the right way when components are here and abundant. Powder is abundant now, so I've stocked up, thinking two to three years ahead. When primers were abundant - not so long ago, same thing. I didn't catch on to the pattern until after the good times were over re Bergers, but constant search of overseas websites and patterns led to eventual success. Might seem like toilet-paper hoarding misbehaviour, but how else to keep shooting?

Provided you don't have 20 years worth of components, I wouldn't call it hoarding, I'd call it being prepared !!

Ken Melgaard

#19 Postby Ken Melgaard » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 pm

And, just an update, unfortunately bullets price will increase as Berger have just announced that a 10-30% increase in jacket prices
So things are not any better in 2023

pisco

#20 Postby pisco » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Bought sbr primers at tamworth firearms a week ago

Return to “General Forum”