Vale Spencer Dunstall

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Matt P

Vale Spencer Dunstall

#1 Postby Matt P » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:06 am

From NSWRA website

Vale Spencer Dunstall
Dear Members,
It is with deep regret that we advise that Spencer Dunstall passed away last night after a long struggle kidney disease. Spencer had suffered from the disease for many years but despite that handicap still managed to become one of Australia's great target rifle shooters. His uncanny wind reading skills and precise bullet placement were the envy of his competitors as well as his detailed technical knowledge of our sport. In the last few months with his health failing Spencer moved to Tabulan in northern NSW to stay with his daughter Susan and family. During this time Spencer kept in close contact his many shooting friends around Australia and was always interested to hear how they were going. Spencer will be sadly missed by family, daughter Susan, son Glen and their grandchildren. Spencer will be cremated at a private service however a memorial service in his home town of West Wyalong are being discussed where he was well known not only from his shooting exploits but also his work as the Manager of the Bland Shire Council for many years. We are greatly diminished by the loss of this fine gentleman. RIP

Chopper

Re: Vale Spencer Dunstall

#2 Postby Chopper » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:14 am

Rest in peace my friend
You were one of the Best
in Many ways
Paul Read

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:00 pm

I'm going to miss catching up with Spencer. He was always positive and good for a laugh, great to chat to and very switched on.
RIP Spencer.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:20 pm

One of the most liked and respected people in our sport, excelled in several disciplines, gave back in spades, and what I will remember most is his mastery of the tricky conditions at Canberra.

John T

#5 Postby John T » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:37 pm

Spenser, will we see your like again?

Unquestionably, a gentleman of our sport. Notwithstanding his successes and achievements, he was not boastful nor opinionated. He listened with the same interest and attention as when he spoke.

Spencer was forever enthusiastic about rifle shooting, within himself and for others. No less so than when he was obliged to take up F Open. He loved his 6 Dasher. And his articles - always worth reading.

A life worthily lived.

Requiescat in pace.

John Tracey.

RAVEN

#6 Postby RAVEN » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:42 am

Sad news indeed
I have been squadded with Spencer a few times he was a fierce competitor and always interesting to talk to
as mentioned, a gentleman of our sport he will be missed by all.

R.I.P.

RB

DannyS

#7 Postby DannyS » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 am

Gone, but he won’t be forgotten. R.I.P Spencer

Danny
Capt Hamilton Rifle Club
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Return to “General Forum”