RIP Bruce Moulds

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

Re: RIP Bruce Moulds

#16 Postby RAVEN » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:03 pm

Affectionately known as “FOX MOULDER” also introduce me to F-Class

I met Bruce some 22 years ago at a metallic silhouette range on a day that had been cancelled due to rain.
Some weeks later I had a phone call from Bruce asking me if I wanted to shoot really long range, I said that the silhouette range went to 500m and that was a long way, how far I enquired? he said 1200y WOW.

We arranged to meet at then Dean Range at Port Adelaide on a Saturday morning prior to the CTV club shoot I never left!

Bruce as you may or may not know was a very accomplished marksman in many forms of shooting big bore/black powder & pistol silhouette and had achieved accolades at the highest level in all.
He was also SARA Queens winner numerous times and for many years the man to beat at Queens and OPM’s. I would say there wasn’t to many OPM’s in SA that he hadn’t won at least once.
Alan F won his first SARA Queens at Lower Light (was that your very first Alan?) in a 3-way shot off at 800m between myself and Bruce the shoot off began and Bruce had a bullet come apart in the chamber he ran back to his gear got some clean gear sorted the issue and still came second didn’t even raise a sweat doing it. WOW that’s some one that has their sh1t together and demonstrated the caliber of competitor he was.

Ventum est amicus meus” was the lettering on his favorite F Gun meaning the “WIND IS MY FRIEND

Bruce was extremely passionate about F-Class and knew that it was going to be the savior of many large & small country clubs.

Always fighting for acceptance by our esteemed elbowed cousins he on occasion would butt heads doing so and sometimes misunderstood.

He was also involved with the Super V concept with another CTV member that has since passed Glenn Hutchins this one single thing brought TR & F-Class closer saving the assoc. large cost for the special Championship target we used to shoot at, and we could now all be squadded together.

Bruce loved posting on this forum, and I know there were many vigorous debates he would often call me and ask “do you think it’s a good idea to post this” I would mostly reply if it created discussion it’s a good thing. Somewhat mischievous but healthy.

A few of Bruce favorite saying usually shout out very loudly at the mound was.
DON’T PANIC” and my favorite “WHO LEFT A STOOL ON THE MOUND” usually drew the ire of the most conservative.

To My Mate I will miss our lengthy chats, but the memories will last forever.

RB :(

CBH Australia

Re: RIP Bruce Moulds

#17 Postby CBH Australia » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:45 pm

I met Bruce through a hunting forum and then at Hahndorf.
That's how I came to meet JC and I'm hoping to attend the next memorial shoot.

Return to “General Forum”