ET Insurance

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

saum2

ET Insurance

#1 Postby saum2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:05 pm

Just wondering if everyone has insurance for their ET's to cover against Fire, theft or Vandalism. At our local range we had a near miss with bushfire recently which made us think about insurance. I'm finding it difficult to get anyone (insurance company) to look at us giving various reasons. eg, bush fire area or won't touch anything firearm related.
Can anyone recommend a company that deals with this type of thing?
thanks in advance.
Geoff

AlanF

Re: ET Insurance

#2 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:34 pm

We use a SA company called LCIS. We didn't need building or public liability (covered by Shire and NRAA respectively) so managed to get contents only for theft/fire/vandalism which included the ETs as specified items. See https://www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au/

scott/r

#3 Postby scott/r » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:42 am

We are using ssaa insurance I believe. We had the same issues with our old insurance company when they decided that they didn't wish to insure anything firearm related.
Scott

saum2

#4 Postby saum2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

AlanF wrote:We use a SA company called LCIS. We didn't need building or public liability (covered by Shire and NRAA respectively) so managed to get contents only for theft/fire/vandalism which included the ETs as specified items. See https://www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au/

Thanks Alan, At least they have responded, sent me some forms to fill in, so far looking good.
Geoff

Return to “General Forum”