Rifle stock

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Pat308

Rifle stock

#1 Postby Pat308 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm

Hi guys, does anyone know of a stock maker in Australia that does timber stocks like the attached.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeteFox

Re: Rifle stock

#2 Postby PeteFox » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:54 pm

Not unless they move Idaho

Rich4

#3 Postby Rich4 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:39 pm

Have you tried hatchers?

PeteFox

#4 Postby PeteFox » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:30 pm

It's a Cerus with some carbon fibre laminate

Matt P wrote:
sungazer wrote:I kind of like the Cerus stocks from the US but the exchange rate would make them pretty expensive. I would like a butt stock like on a F open rifle but the beaver tail type long forarm as it would be a Fstd of a bipod rifle. In a nice wood the lamination's like the Cerus seem to be a good compromise of classic look but still with the strength of a laminate.

I have access to Cerus stocks but a Cerus finished with basic timber and hardware would work out around 3 grand, if you want exotic timber, and adjustable LOP etc, it goes up from there.
If anyone is interested please contact me, I need an minimum order of 4 stocks to make it viable.
Matt Paroz

A lot of info in this video from 9 mins on. https://youtu.be/Az-rhnZoQ5o

Pete

Azzopardi

#5 Postby Azzopardi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:19 pm

Pat308 wrote:Hi guys, does anyone know of a stock maker in Australia that does timber stocks like the attached.

Cheers.

I can, I own Centretrac. I’ll send a PM.
Regards,
Azzo

Azzopardi

#6 Postby Azzopardi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:24 pm

Pat308 wrote:Hi guys, does anyone know of a stock maker in Australia that does timber stocks like the attached.

Cheers.

Send an email instead
Regards,
Azzo

willow

#7 Postby willow » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:13 pm

Cheers.

Azzo will look after you, the Centretrac stocks are gaining traction quickly. The Cerus is beautiful but a nightmare to get - speaking from first hand experience on this one.

Hybrid284

#8 Postby Hybrid284 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:16 pm

Hi Pat308. Any updates on finding a stock? I'm also after one, but havn"t had a response from Centretrac. Cheers.

Daveh

#9 Postby Daveh » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:37 pm

Hi Pat308. Any updates on finding a stock? I'm also after one, but havn"t had a response from Centretrac. Cheers.

I think Mark (from Centretrac) is in Sth Africa at the World's ATM. Be patient and when he gets back I'm sure you will get replies.

Someone posted this pic of the F-Open team a few days ago and I spotted him smiling in the front row!

Dave

FOpenTeamBT3.23.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ErrolW

#10 Postby ErrolW » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:47 pm

Try tmg stocks on face book aussie made and in Armadale nsw .

Dan81

#11 Postby Dan81 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 pm

I met and saw Tim Booths stocks in Sydney recently, they have the same wood look as per the cerus
Aussie made and a good bloke
He is from Armidale

Regards
Dan

Fire Dog

#12 Postby Fire Dog » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:02 pm

PeteFox wrote:Not unless they move Idaho

Yea, and even then you will not get a reply.... Maybe if you fronted up to CERUS's front door {call ahead to see if he is in a good mood and will condescend to see you...}
He is notoriously difficult to get in touch with and get an order started as well as you are looking at a Minium of one year delivery times...
By the Way!
Since a stock is a "Fire Arm" part it falls under USA ITAR regulations and will cost you $250US to file the paperwork for export + your agent's fee {I recommend Rob at "We Export Guns" in Phoenix}

Fire Dog

#13 Postby Fire Dog » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:09 pm

willow wrote:

Cheers.

Azzo will look after you, the Centretrac stocks are gaining traction quickly. The Cerus is beautiful but a nightmare to get - speaking from first hand experience on this one.

Yea, Me Too! I had the same problem with CERUS
In the end I settled for a McMillan ZR which is what CERUS copied... not as pretty as a CERUS but at least available and terrific folks to deal with...

willow

#14 Postby willow » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:09 pm

Fire Dog wrote:
willow wrote:

Cheers.

Yea, Me Too! I had the same problem with CERUS
In the end I settled for a McMillan ZR which is what CERUS copied... not as pretty as a CERUS but at least available and terrific folks to deal with...

There's a few differences, the Cerus is shorter and lighter and I have to say also tracks better, but the Kestros ZR is an excellent stock in it's own right and it's hard to be disappointed in any of the top stock manufacturers these days, they all make fantastic stocks.

Return to “General Forum”