Katoomba Rifle Club Update

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

katoombarifleclub

Katoomba Rifle Club Update

#1 Postby katoombarifleclub » Fri May 07, 2021 11:47 am

All,
Katoomba Rifle Club reside at the Leura Rifle Range in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. It is a 600m NSWRA affiliated range, established in 1893 and has been at Leura since around 1930. It is the only centre fire range between SSAA - Silverdale/St Marys and Lithgow. We cater for Full bore TR and the varieties of F Class, Small bore out to 200yrds and a down the line trap (1). We cater for members and visitors alike.

You may be aware the Katoomba Rifle Club/ Leura Range has been closed to centre fire target shooting since about August 2019. This action was taken after a FAR range inspection associated with a geo-spacial drawn template concern. All the templates that KRC have employed along with the mountain spur, as the butts, have been in use for the past 90 years without issue.

Since August 2019 the KRC team have been working to resolve the FAR issues via the NCAT (NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal) process.

I am writing to let you all know that the KRC will be attending a mediation session with NSW FAR on the 11 May 21 at NCAT - so positive thoughts into the universe on our side please.
I am also writing to enlist your support - have a look at our our Go Fund Me page - copy and paste the link below into your search engine for more of the story or visit our web page - www.katoombarifleclub.com. Please contribute in any way you feel comfortable.

Go Fund Me: https://gofund.me/243dca58

or

Save Leura Rifle Range.

Communicate with us here or on our email - enquiries@katoombarifleclub.com

Regards,
In Burning Cordite
Secretary
Katoomba Rifle Club

superx10

Re: Katoomba Rifle Club Update

#2 Postby superx10 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 am

The Murwillumbah club had a similar issue with an old setout of buts and mantlet ect, that it did not comply with new regs after much consultation and earthworks we are back shooting but lost our 900 yards. The club was fortunate that they had the financial reserve to do the earthworks required.
I was not on the committee that did the works but I am sure if you contacted the captain he would be able to give more info

Return to “General Forum”