Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

DenisA

Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#1 Postby DenisA » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:56 pm

G’Day All,

For introduction purpose I’ll post this under equipment and technical if that’s O.K with Alan. When pricing and availability is confirmed, I’ll post under Suppliers, news and discussion.

I’d like to introduce Sixty.10.

Currently in its infancy stage, Sixty.10 is an innovative Australian F-Class brand looking to support and encourage development of F-Class in Australia.

The first product that Sixty.10 will be releasing is the Rattler. Many of you may have seen the Rattler on some ranges or social media. A small batch has previously been released for testing and development by some very well respected Australian F-Class marksmen. The results and feedback have been outstanding.

Price and availability of the Ratller is yet to be announced so please stay tuned. You can find Sixty.10 on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Sixty10

The Rattler is a high quality Australian made and designed gravity fed ammunition holder. Designed originally to suit the SEB NEO front rest in either left or right mounted positions, demand has seen the development of a R/H Farley standard base ambidextrous adaptor kit and an FTR free standing plate.

The Rattler bodies are currently being manufactured to suit .308win family cartridges, RSAUM / WSM and .284win. Additional cartridge holders to come. Capacity for the .308 body is 20 rounds and 17 for the RSAUM.

The core Rattler unit designed for the SEB NEO comprises of a 2 piece mounting bracket. The alloy mounting plate allows the use of either a 12mm clamping hole for NEO or a 10mm clamping hole for Farley. The alloy arm mount can be secured in 3 different positions to allow versatility of mounting the long Heavy Duty flexible arm.

The Alloy Rattler body and the alloy ammunition sunshade works very effectively in dissipating heat keeping the ammunition from getting hot in the sun. The body is secured to the heavy duty flexible arm via a brass thumbnut that allows quick and easy removal, installation and swapping of cartridge specific bodies on the range.

The Rattler includes a light weight timer mounting bracket positioning a timer in an easy to see glancing position.

The fundamental goal of the Rattler is positioning the ammunition right behind the loading port of the action, regardless of front rest height position, only requiring a very short hand movement to load rounds while keeping the joystick area of the front rest uncluttered.
Being gravity fed, the feed round is always in the same position and therefore the marksman’s hand always returns to exactly the same point for the next round. Within the first few ranges, muscle memory kicks in and like cycling the bolt, picking the next round and loading it becomes an automatic function without the need to look at the ammunition.

Primarily, the key performance advantage in using a Rattler is that it allows the marksman to maintain a much higher and more consistent level of concentration down range on the conditions. With a well positioned E.T monitor and the use of an ejector on the rifle bolt, the marksman doesn’t need to deviate their attention from down range for longer than the split second that it takes to glance at the monitor.

The secondary key performance advantage is that when the conditions allow, a well practiced marksman can run VERY fast matches while maintaining the highest level of concentration and precision.

As previously mentioned pricing and availability is coming soon so please like and stay tuned to the Facebook page.

For any enquiries please ask here, please contact me via the Facebook page, private message or email.

If any of the current Rattler owners want to comment or answers questions, that’d be great too.

Thanks, Denis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ben_g

Re: Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#2 Postby ben_g » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 pm

I have been using the rattler for loading SAUM and 300WSM cases.

I’m certainly not a fast shooter, but it does allow me to keep my focus on conditions, no fiddling around with the ammo box.

Can’t wait to get a body to suit the 284 and hoping a Dasher body isn’t too far away, that would be very awesome for fly shooting.

Here’s a little video of it in action while testing 300WSM loads at 1200yards, I have become smoother since this vid.

https://youtu.be/wKS3kf7ftZI

John23

#3 Postby John23 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm

ben_g wrote: hoping a Dasher body isn’t too far away, that would be very awesome for fly shooting.

Great for shooting a quick detail in fly
But also dangerous having your sighters and scoring shots mixed .

I use one made my Ron O Sullivan painted up to protect against memory loss.

Nice work Denis
Looks like a mint bit of gear

bruce moulds

#4 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:32 pm

ben,
how you had it set up made you move your right elbow, possibly initiating a varied shooting position.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

ben_g

#5 Postby ben_g » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Bruce a left port would be preferable for f-open IMO, that action was bought with the possibility of TR still in my head :)

But yes I think I move that elbow regardless of how I load whether it be from an ammo box or the rattler, particularly the 300WSM tends to knock you out of position a little as well.
Need to get another video clip done as I have since shortened the stock, and will also be predominantly shooting lighter recoiling cartridges with it.

The other thing was Dennis initially sized it to be used on the rearward front leg position of the neo (but I use the front most screw) this put it too far forward for a long trakker stock like mine.

He has since set me a nice knurled nut to attach the rattler arm to the rear position on the neo rest.

DannyS

#6 Postby DannyS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 am

Denis, when I started reading this, I had to check the date, in case it was the 1st of April. When I realised it wasn’t , then I thought , you were trying to stir Alan, but no, you were serious.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

DenisA

#7 Postby DenisA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 am

DannyS wrote:Denis, when I started reading this, I had to check the date, in case it was the 1st of April. When I realised it wasn’t , then I thought , you were trying to stir Alan, but no, you were serious.

Cheers
Danny

G'day Danny, I'm not entirely sure I understand your point of view on the Rattler.

The Rattlers a basic and intelligent concept, very effective in real world results and a legitimate ammo holder in the modern game of F-Class.

DannyS

#8 Postby DannyS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Just stirring Denis. If it works for you, so be it. I just didn’t think loading a round was that difficult but everyone to their own.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

DenisA

#9 Postby DenisA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm

DannyS wrote:Just stirring Denis. If it works for you, so be it. I just didn’t think loading a round was that difficult but everyone to their own.

Cheers
Danny

No worries Danny. You'd be amazed at the difference that such a small change can make. The advantage isn’t loading the round as much as being able to not take your attention off the conditions while you are loading the next round. I’ve never had a great memory in taking a snapshot of a condition and holding onto that Snapshot while looking down at ammo boxes, timers and monitors. Some can do that well but I know there are a lot out there like myself.

I’d encourage people to jump on the Facebook page and check out a few videos that are on there. My vid is the least fluent :lol:
Last edited by DenisA on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bruce moulds

#10 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:29 pm

its real benefit would be in benchrest or fly with a bottom eject 6mm ppc or br.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

AlanF

#11 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 pm

DenisA wrote:...The advantage isn’t loading the round as much as being able to not take your attention off the conditions while you are loading the next round...

Hmmm. But would you need to look at the conditions if you're shooting as fast as that thing allows? Just kidding :D .

A question though, where do the spent cases go? They could go loosely into a small container on the ground I guess, but I like to keep them in order to inspect the ones from bad shots (nowadays that's quite a few...)

ben_g

#12 Postby ben_g » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 pm

It’s a bit of work, but why not number them with a sharpie prior to loading into the rattler if you want to inspect them in order afterwards??

RDavies

#13 Postby RDavies » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 pm

AlanF wrote:
DenisA wrote:...The advantage isn’t loading the round as much as being able to not take your attention off the conditions while you are loading the next round...

Hmmm. But would you need to look at the conditions if you're shooting as fast as that thing allows? Just kidding :D .

A question though, where do the spent cases go? They could go loosely into a small container on the ground I guess, but I like to keep them in order to inspect the ones from bad shots (nowadays that's quite a few...)

I like to use the 60.10 Rattler even if I am not shooting fast. It means my next round is always there in the same place each time a reach for another one without having to take my concentration away from what is going on down range. Mine is usually positioned so I don't have to move off my elbow. As others mentioned, for speed shooting, it is not only on ETs, but also in fly shoots and 600/1000yd BR, where it is handy to really rattle them down.
As for where cases go, they go wherever they land. I worry about the cases once shooting is finished. The cases sitting on my shooting matt wont hurt them.

ben_g

#14 Postby ben_g » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Just another observation.

For the NSW long range Fclass shoot in Ungarie earlier this year I used the rattler.

Conditions and the speed of the markets were not conducive to fast shooting, in fact it was the sort of shoot where plotting each shot was my strategy for the weekend.

Having the ammo up off the ground and out of the way made for my room under the action to plot and take notes as I shot.

DenisA

#15 Postby DenisA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:50 pm

AlanF wrote:

I appreciate your point Alan. I personally don't worry about spent cases until the jobs done.

Unfortunately for shooters that like to keep cases in order or plot, averting their attention from down range completely negates any advantage that is gained from the Rattler. In that case, the Rattler's not for them and that's O.K. I have had this conversation on both points with other good shooting mates in the past.

My question is, when its your time competing on the mound, in a competition of who can drop the least amount of points or X's, if you can help it, why would you risk missing what's going on in the conditions down range that you have to shoot through, by looking away.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”