Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:25 am

We have an F-Open team for windy Wellington in January - looks like all NSW and Vic shooters. http://www.nraa.com.au/announcement-nraa-f-open-team-f-class-trans-tasman-teams-matches/ . Congrats to two members of my club, Albert and Antony. Good to see coach Greg Warrian back into the action so soon after Canada.

ajvanwyk

Re: Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

#2 Postby ajvanwyk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you Alan,

After the amazing example set by our real national treasures, I can only hope that we continue with the good form.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

6.5x55ai

#3 Postby 6.5x55ai » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Link was functional a couple of hours ago, now not so. A couple of us here keen to view it again if possible please.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:02 pm

6.5x55ai wrote:Link was functional a couple of hours ago, now not so. A couple of us here keen to view it again if possible please.

Ahem :-k ...

The story was on the home page of the NRAA website at the top of the NRAA News - its no longer there :shock: . You'd better hold your horses - they might have decided not to sanction it :roll: .

ajvanwyk

#5 Postby ajvanwyk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:11 pm

AlanF wrote:
6.5x55ai wrote:Link was functional a couple of hours ago, now not so. A couple of us here keen to view it again if possible please.

Ahem :-k ...
You'd better hold your horses - they might have decided not to sanction it :roll: .

Given the debacle with Barnaby and Co, a background check might have revealed that I lived in Auckland for a number of years :shock: :shock: :shock: Maybe they are confirming citizenship...
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

GSells

#6 Postby GSells » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Hey am I correct in saying , that a 168 vld at 2950 fps be over the energy limit ? Is the limit 4100 joules ? :shock:

ajvanwyk

#7 Postby ajvanwyk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:20 pm

GSells wrote:Hey am I correct in saying , that a 168 vld at 2950 fps be over the energy limit ? Is the limit 4100 joules ? :shock:

No the limit is 4500 Joules which leave you 2882 for a 180 gn and 2,966 for a 170gn pill.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

6.5x55ai

#8 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:54 am

GSells wrote:Hey am I correct in saying , that a 168 vld at 2950 fps be over the energy limit ? Is the limit 4100 joules ? :shock:

Yeah, crazy army restriction. Plus us lowly 284W owners have to put the brakes on the SAUM boys somehow :-)

Have a look here https://www.nranz.com/rules-and-policy/shooting-rules/ at the energy testing procedure pdf. There is an energy chart further in.

GSells

#9 Postby GSells » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:41 am

In a way that's good , I only have to worry about .284 and 7:08 Ai and can leave the 280 Ai at home .
A little bit less work ! And less gear .

sungazer

#10 Postby sungazer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Wow even a 308 shooting a 155 could possibly be affected and booked for speeding. Restrictions are really becoming a burden and fun factor influence making sure you comply with this and comply with that yada yada yada.

GrahamW

#11 Postby GrahamW » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:13 pm

A quick Google found these links.....

https://www.nraa.com.au/announcement-nr ... team-2018/

https://www.nraa.com.au/announcement-nr ... team-2018/

8)

GSells

#12 Postby GSells » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 am

Hey it's good to see the Ftr Team and more Canada team members backing up . I see on the ftr Team a face that I haven't seen since 2014 Nats . I'm looking forward to catching up!
I'm only a little pawn in the team and hopefully I don't overstep my mark . But in open , my tickets are booked as is the team as far as I know . We are all working together well ! Personally my training is going quite well ! I in the most part just picked up from where I left off in Development squad !
.284 is a delightful cal to work with , just no problems, ultra reliable. Albert has been awesome booking accommodation and finding info all of the legal permits and sourcing powder etc. Our Captain who has lead Nsw to 2 national titles is really approachable and an nice bloke and is working hard to glue us all together as a team ! I injured my shoulder around Father's Day and couldn't shoot ! I could only shoot from a bench so I could keep training! :shock:

I'm pleased to say , it's well on the way to mending and I'm shooting prone again . It will be tested at Northarm Opm I guess?

We have had numerous offers of help from those "Pesky Kiwis" :lol: !
Karori Rifle Club are Awesome and we would struggle to make it there without people like yourselves!
Thanks to other members of this forum , offering to make our international spec rear plates, instead of lugging some from home. There should be some rear plates going cheap in NZ Classifieds after the Comp lol!

I guess my break from silence is just to let everyone know for us anyway , that it's on like Donkey Kong!
The open Team is representing the World Champs and for me personally am applying myself accordingly as is rest of the team .
I'll crawl back into my hole now 8)

Regards Graham Sells .
Ps , I nearly forgot and he is the most important part of this team ! We have a brilliant wind coach too. To which I and I'm sure the rest of the Team are looking forward to working with ! Julie was telling me how much of a gentleman and a character he is ! So I can't wait to get together as a team !

mike H

#13 Postby mike H » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Graham,
It is welcome news to hear that Australia has a FTR team as well as the F Open team,you will enjoy shooting there.
Rather than go back in your hole,as you mentioned,I think you should be an official correspondent.
Mike.

GSells

#14 Postby GSells » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:25 pm

mike H wrote:Graham,
It is welcome news to hear that Australia has a FTR team as well as the F Open team,you will enjoy shooting there.
Rather than go back in your hole,as you mentioned,I think you should be an official correspondent.
Mike.

Don't temp me lol! :D
You know I wouldn't need much prompting !!! 8)

GSells

#15 Postby GSells » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Well I guess I’m assuming media officer for the Team until further notice lol!

Again I would like to thank Members form the NZ shooting fraternity that have bent over backwards for us to make it there 29 th of jan . Karyn F is of special note ! Without her help we would have struggled getting all of our legal stuff through .
The legals just to get your Rifle and ammo out of Australia has been a daunting process and thanks to Tim L for the help there .
Half the battle is finding someone in borderforce who knows Firearms and the process.

Last week I flew to Melbourne to fly with firearms and shoot at a tough range in Bendigo and also to meet up with Albert and Gerry . It was good to see All of of our rifles shooting well!!
I hope this carries on in a month or so time.

I’m looking forward to getting to work with the rest of the team and giving those pesky Kiwis lots of friendly banter :P I’m sure we are all brushing up on our Kiwi jokes hahaha! :lol:

Return to “Events”