Case deburring tools

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

wilson85

Case deburring tools

#1 Postby wilson85 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:11 am

Hi all,

Just wanted open a bit of a discussion on deburring tools. What make and type of tool do you use and are happy with? I use the RCBS tool when deburring the outside of the case mouth. I always seem to have a really small lip left after deburring which I knock off with fine steel wool.

Longranger

Re: Case deburring tools

#2 Postby Longranger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:59 pm

K & M vld tool with depth stop and flash hole pilot for inside the neck. Common or garden variety Lee tool for outside the neck.

KHGS

#3 Postby KHGS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:28 pm

I use RCBS for inside & out, I only give my cases a"touch" inside & out.
Keith H.

Southern700

#4 Postby Southern700 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Started using the Forster 3-in1 a couple of years ago. Everything done in 1 step. Set up with a cordless screwdriver rather than hand winding.
I find there's virtually no variation from case to case once set up for a caliber and have had good results with 223, 308 & 6BRX

http://www.forsterproducts.com/product/ ... h-cutters/

That's my 10c worth anyway.

Brendon

Longranger

#5 Postby Longranger » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

I have the Forster 3 in 1 and it is hopeless. Lies unused in the reloading gear bitser box.

Gerard

#6 Postby Gerard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 pm

I have the RCBS 'Trim Mate' motorised station thing.

Seemed like a great idea.. but as it turns out mine is terrible, but I believe it may be because the screw on components for deburring the case necks may be blunt. (I bought it secondhand with other items). I hope they sell replacement parts. In the interim I'm using a simple lee hand tool, which works ok, for short runs.

6.5x55ai

#7 Postby 6.5x55ai » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 am

Southern700 wrote:Started using the Forster 3-in1 a couple of years ago. Everything done in 1 step. Set up with a cordless screwdriver rather than hand winding.
I find there's virtually no variation from case to case once set up for a caliber and have had good results with 223, 308 & 6BRX

Brendon

Was on the verge of upgrading my case length trimmer from a Foster to a Wilson but on a whim purchased a Forster 3-in-1 cutter in .30. Very impressed with consistancy and trueness of the cuts. No chatter. Have since purchased 2 more cals so with the money invested in it I will now stick with the Forster. Also have a Lee and RCBS (used for close on 50 yrs) hand held tools. The RCBS cuts smoother and truer than the Lee, as long as you hold your face right....

KHGS

#8 Postby KHGS » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:31 am

6.5x55ai wrote:
Southern700 wrote:Started using the Forster 3-in1 a couple of years ago. Everything done in 1 step. Set up with a cordless screwdriver rather than hand winding.

Brendon

Was on the verge of upgrading my case length trimmer from a Foster to a Wilson but on a whim purchased a Forster 3-in-1 cutter in .30. Very impressed with consistancy and trueness of the cuts. No chatter. Have since purchased 2 more cals so with the money invested in it I will now stick with the Forster. Also have a Lee and RCBS (used for close on 50 yrs) hand held tools. The RCBS cuts smoother and truer than the Lee, as long as you hold your face right....

Ha, Ha, you have always got to hold your face right..........in everything :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith H.

Bigtravoz

#9 Postby Bigtravoz » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:02 pm

I have a lee one. Deburred 270 cases last Friday night while watching television. Worked fine, left sufficient chamfer inside and a nice clean neck outside. I don't agree with chamfering the neck to a knife edge and if you are getting a burr left you need to finish with a lighter cut or sharpen your tool.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”