rear sight that mounts onto a 30Moa rail.

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

Macca

rear sight that mounts onto a 30Moa rail.

#1 Postby Macca » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi. I have just purchased a rifle that I would like to shoot both target rifle and match rifle. It currently has a tmac sight on it but I would like to have the sight sit higher. In order to shoot match rifle I will need to get at least a 30moa rail fitted and I was wondering if any of the sights that can be mounted on a rail could be mounted on a rail with Moa built in?

bsouthernau

Re: rear sight that mounts onto a 30Moa rail.

#2 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:44 am

Why not just stick with what you've got and take the rail off when you want to use the iron sights? Works for me.

Barry

scott/r

#3 Postby scott/r » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:48 am

I can't see why a rear sight couldn't be mounted on a 30 moa rail. The angle on a moa adjusted rail is proportioned from one end of the rail to the other. What I mean is, a 30 moa rail really only gets the full 30 minutes when the scope rings are mounted at both extreme ends. The angle that is built into the rail isn't going to make any difference to your sight as long as you remember that you will have make sure that you mount the sight in the same position on the rail every time. Moving it forward or backwards on the rail will give you a variance in your elevation settings. Granted, it will be bugger all, but you will get a different reading on your zero if you move up and down the rail.

Macca

#4 Postby Macca » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:54 pm

bsouthernau wrote:Why not just stick with what you've got and take the rail off when you want to use the iron sights? Works for me.

Barry

I want to raise the sight higher than the standard will go. I use the same stock for small bore and full bore. The sights sit a lot higher on my small bore rifle. I would have to adjuzt the stock between rifles if i ran the sights at the current hight

Josh Cox

#5 Postby Josh Cox » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:50 pm

I have a Pheonix top mount that might suit.

Josh

bsouthernau

#6 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:37 am

Macca wrote: I use the same stock for small bore and full bore.

I'd be very interested to hear how that works.

Macca

#7 Postby Macca » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:36 pm

bsouthernau wrote:
Macca wrote: I use the same stock for small bore and full bore.

I'd be very interested to hear how that works.

I havent really tested it. Still getting it set up. Im new to shooting both fullbore and small bore. I have an old match 54 and a barnard that will now go in a barrel block stock.

Pm me on the pheonix sight i can possibly mount my tmac on a lipski sight base but i will assess all options

David B

#8 Postby David B » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:05 am

I use a tapered rail with a top mounted RPA tracker site with a Riles front site. Works well if you think about it the sight tilting forward slightly makes for better alignment.

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”