for sale 308 once fired cases

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Asharwood

for sale 308 once fired cases

#1 Postby Asharwood » Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi,
is there any interest in genuine once fired winchester 308 cases?
comes deprimed.
will post.
pm for details
Thanks
Adam

lonerider43

Re: for sale 308 once fired cases

#2 Postby lonerider43 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:43 pm

whats the cost champ ?
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

mike H

#3 Postby mike H » Sat May 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Asharwood wrote:Hi,
is there any interest in genuine once fired winchester 308 cases?
comes deprimed.
will post.
pm for details

I don’t want any cases now,as I have plenty and now not shooting Match Rifle,have no need for them.
Over the years I would have purchased a few thousand of them,most of them from Canberra and a lot that came from a girls boarding school,these were all very good,all came in their original packets and only needed a body die size and a Lee Collet neck size,actually the ones from the boarding school,didn’t even need the body die sizing.I assume they were fired in modern rifles with match chambers.In contrast to those cases,the last lot I and some of the family bought from another person,came loose packed,no boxes and must have been fired in NATO chambers,the Redding Body die was unable to size them down enough and my tightest Full Length die just managed,but still some needed to be culled as the base was too swollen.
There are two reasons why you would buy Winchester cases,because of the larger case capacity,or because they are cheaper.It is up too the buyer to decide the value.

lonerider43

#4 Postby lonerider43 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:08 pm

if i didnt have a few thou of these cases already,i would snap them up.
nuthing wrong with wini cases.
they size well,never had a problem with them.
ive had 20+ fls reloads with them in the omark.
ive 8+ fls reloads with them in the musgrave.[that will be extended with neck sizing until they become tight]
for the price,you wont get a better case,imho.

Muzza

#5 Postby Muzza » Sat May 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi
What's the price
Just setting up my new rifle so I will be needing about a couple hundred.

Cheers
Chris

johno

#6 Postby johno » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:29 am

do you still have cases, how much are they,pm me back please
Last edited by johno on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigtravoz

#7 Postby Bigtravoz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Muzza wrote:Hi
What's the price

Cheers
Chris

Either buy adi cases or if you want cheap buy the nraa ammo at the range, fire it in your chamber and avoid a lot of headaches.

Mick_762

#8 Postby Mick_762 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Bigtravoz wrote:
What's the price

Cheers
Chris

Either buy adi cases or if you want cheap buy the nraa ammo at the range, fire it in your chamber and avoid a lot of headaches.

I have no conection or interest in this sale - but "Bigtravoz" your comments are not required.

If you dont want to buy, great. But your interfering beween vendor and purchaser. This is a "for sale" thread - not a general discussion request on brass.

Bigtravoz

#9 Postby Bigtravoz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Mick_762 wrote:
Bigtravoz wrote:
What's the price

Cheers
Chris

I have no conection or interest in this sale - but "Bigtravoz" your comments are not required.

If you dont want to buy, great. But your interfering beween vendor and purchaser. This is a "for sale" thread - not a general discussion request on brass.

Have no intentions of interfering in anyone’s sale but cases fired in someone else’s chamber are not the way to go in a new rifle with new chamber dimensions. Once you know what your chamber is doing sure use resized once fired brass if you can size it to match. Was offering some friendly advice to potentially save a bloke some heartache. So comments such as yours are equally unrequired!

Mick_762

#10 Postby Mick_762 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Bigtravoz wrote:
Mick_762 wrote:
Bigtravoz wrote:Either buy adi cases or if you want cheap buy the nraa ammo at the range, fire it in your chamber and avoid a lot of headaches.

Have no intentions of interfering in anyone’s sale but cases fired in someone else’s chamber are not the way to go in a new rifle with new chamber dimensions. Once you know what your chamber is doing sure use resized once fired brass if you can size it to match. Was offering some friendly advice to potentially save a bloke some heartache. So comments such as yours are equally unrequired!

FLS of any brass new or 5th firing when you acquire it = no issue (within reason).
As its advertised as once fired and only deprimed - then sizing for your chamber is expected to be "your problem".

Failing to see where the heartache is?
And whats the preference of ADI brass when its WW for sale?

Now shakes head and bites tounge.

lonerider43

#11 Postby lonerider43 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:51 pm

thanks mate,turned up today.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”