WTB - adjustable stock for Omark 44

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Finnie

WTB - adjustable stock for Omark 44

#1 Postby Finnie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 pm

WTB Omark 44 stock adjustable for length of pull and cheek weld (Fullbore/Target Rifle).

I've been shooting TR with an omark 44 with the old top wood stock for a little while, and it is becoming clearer to me that my fit with the rifle isn't very good. I seem a bit longer in the arms than the stock intended!

I've heightened the cheek piece and increased the length of pull with some temporary strap on bits and have made it a bit more comfortable. Also about to experiment with some more permanent spacers, but thought it was worth checking to see if anyone had a stock inletted for an omark (2 × bedding screws; one on the recoil lug and one in front of the trigger) that they are interested in parting with?

Cheers
Finnie

lonerider43

Re: WTB - adjustable stock for Omark 44

#2 Postby lonerider43 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:08 pm

i not long ago purchased a hatchers thumbhole stock. [XXX grade]
extremely comfortable and very much worth the $

just sayin...

Finnie

#3 Postby Finnie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks lonerider. They look the goods and the price is right, but I was hoping for something adjustable so i could do some fiddling to find out what best fits.

Did you need to bed the stock to your action when you got it? Definitely a stock worth me considering!

lonerider43

#4 Postby lonerider43 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 pm

i did have the stock bedded.
im sure a good smith or someone handy could put an adjustable cheek piece to it.
the putt pad although not adjustable for length [didnt need it] is adjustable for height and cant. [bisley style pad - uk ebay]
very cheap,but not crap.

Finnie

#5 Postby Finnie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks mate. I'll let this ad ride for a couple weeks to see if anyone has an adjustable stock to sell and then have another look at the Hatchers.

In the meantime I'll keep fiddling with length of pull and strap on cheekpads on my current stock to try to find a better fit!

Birchy67

#6 Postby Birchy67 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Try QRA website mate. I am sure they have some Cronk stocks left. They have actions is the only problem.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”