WTB - LH F Class rig

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Walt

WTB - LH F Class rig

#1 Postby Walt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:00 am

Looking for a complete rifle, including scope, in a LH action. Must be F Class with reputable components in either 308W or 284 caliber. Photos with replies please.

bully_eye

Re: WTB - LH F Class rig

#2 Postby bully_eye » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:23 pm

I have a Stiller Python. Jewel trigger @ 3oz. McMillan Tooley MBR stock in green marble. March LR 10-60x52. Yep I have a 284W barrel amongst many other- tight necked can't remember exactly but can find out. Pretty sure I have some new neck turned brass. Wasn't really planning on selling it but don't really get to shoot much anymore so probably should look at making room for more toys. Bloody nice rifle. Action is super smooth. Originally smithed by John Giles at PSECO. I have a couple of photos but rifle isn't here at home so you'd have to hold on for more. Send me a PM with your email address if you'd like any more info.

Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jasmay

#3 Postby jasmay » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm

If you are a left handed you should seriously consider the merits of shooting a right hand action, there are a lot of advantages!!

Pommy Chris

#4 Postby Pommy Chris » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:10 pm

jasmay wrote:If you are a left handed you should seriously consider the merits of shooting a right hand action, there are a lot of advantages!!

I am lest handed and I agree, cant understand why right handers dont shoot left handed actions!
Chris

Tim L

#5 Postby Tim L » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Pommy Chris wrote:
jasmay wrote:If you are a left handed you should seriously consider the merits of shooting a right hand action, there are a lot of advantages!!

I am lest handed and I agree, cant understand why right handers dont shoot left handed actions!
Chris

Because we are already doing it correctly :D :D :D

Gyro

#6 Postby Gyro » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm

It's simple lads, as some above well know : if the loading port ( and maybe the bolt too ) are to the same side as your body then the gun-management stuff is made a lot simpler.

It's about making everything that happens on the mound as simple and trouble free as possible. That stuff is hugely important to good shooting and the good shooters know that well ! The rest are fighting their bolt handle ( because they haven't sized their cases properly ? ) and having to perform miracles with the gun-handling because the gun is a dog ...

Maybe it ain't so simple ?

Pommy Chris

#7 Postby Pommy Chris » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Left hander shooting right hander action you can see the port and see putting the round in. You can also see removing the case and see the bolt. Right hander with right handed action or even lefty and left handed action you cant see the port and you cant see to load or remove the case and the bolt is on the opposite side so any issues you are blind. Hunting I understand you dont want cases flying past your nose but F class why would a right handed person shoot a right handed action?
Chris

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Pommy Chris wrote:

Chris

Some of us do.

Gyro

#9 Postby Gyro » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 am

Yeah Rod I knew there waz a reason you've been shooting so badly mate ... lol

You just stay over that side of the Tasman please ( and MattP ) or I'm likely to get a jolly good arse-kicking haha !!

ShaneG

#10 Postby ShaneG » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 am

And some people have their scopes mounted strangely too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't they Sir Roderick WC!!!!!

RDavies

#11 Postby RDavies » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 pm

ShaneG wrote:And some people have their scopes mounted strangely too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't they Sir Roderick WC!!!!!

Yep, it seems I do quite a lot wrong.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”