tell me about tuners for fclass

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Re: tell me about tuners for fclass

#91 Postby GSells » Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 am

Gyro wrote:
GSells wrote:Rob u are right !! Tuner or harmonics mods are no magic bullet ! They may not even improve a highly tuned naked barrel ! I will say the effects can benign to wow ! There is one thing that is for sure . It doesn’t eliminate the hard work out in the paddock testing and time spent away from family!!
Ps also u have won at Trentham twice , so u must know a little about what your doing lol!

Cheers Graham, you'll go far !

Y'all gotta come back some time for another crack. Regards Rob Kerridge.

I would love to! I’ve forgotten about the pain now lol!

GSells

#92 Postby GSells » Tue May 15, 2018 10:31 am

sungazer wrote:I have been reading this thread with great interest and I know I don't know how to tune a rifle without a tuner (Gyro I dont know what a E value is for a stock). If those that know this information wouldn't mind it would be greatly appreciated if you could PM me some information or a link to some reading I will soak it all up. I know this information is not available from within my current mentors that have helped immensely. Passing it on is the only way we can foster new shooters and keep moving forward.

http://www.varmintal.com/amode.htm

Gyro

#93 Postby Gyro » Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am

sungazer wrote:I have been reading this thread with great interest and I know I don't know how to tune a rifle without a tuner (Gyro I dont know what a E value is for a stock). If those that know this information wouldn't mind it would be greatly appreciated if you could PM me some information or a link to some reading I will soak it all up. I know this information is not available from within my current mentors that have helped immensely. Passing it on is the only way we can foster new shooters and keep moving forward.

Kool. I'll add to that old "stock stiffness " thread about E value.

Im a lazy bastard with load development and have only very recently started to get a handle on it so I say ask other more experienced people. Maybe start another thread for it ?

!Peter!

#94 Postby !Peter! » Tue May 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Sorry I'm not posting a longer post but I'm typing this on my phone.

Here is an interesting discussion on stock stiffness http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/whats-new.3952358/unread

Gyro

#95 Postby Gyro » Tue May 15, 2018 3:39 pm

How long to fire each 10 shot group ? 15 seconds max ?

I've watched a few YouTube vids in the past of Tom Mousel and others doing that stuff. VERY cool, but very different to F Class.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”