New Bushnell Tactical Elite Scopes for F Class

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Omark44boy

New Bushnell Tactical Elite Scopes for F Class

#1 Postby Omark44boy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm

According to NIOA and Ckeaver Firearms, it appears that Bushnell has launched two new scopes aimed at F class.

These are part of theirr 'Tactical Elite' range.

An 8-48 x 50mm at $1365.00 and a 10-60 x 56mm at $2099.00. Both have 30mm tubes and apparently have 120 moa worth of adjustment. Sounds hard to believe.

I have had some good Bushnell scopes in the past (good enough for hunting and sub 500m SSAA target type events anyway), but I worry whenever any company startrs churning out multiple product lines like Bushnell now does. I think that they now have 12 different scope product lines with numerous models in each, a lot of which seem very similar.

Anyone seen, looked through, or used one?

sungazer

Re: New Bushnell Tactical Elite Scopes for F Class

#2 Postby sungazer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 am

Not one of those but I have a Bushnell Tactical elite 6-25 and it has a very nice glass. I don't know if it would track week in week out for years but it certainly tracks well.

ShaneG

#3 Postby ShaneG » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Cleaver being a retail outlet for Nioa have just copied their current product list.
I was at their dealer conference last week and the director of sales for Bushnell knew nothing of these scopes except possibly June availability ( and I would say that is best case USA)
The Australian representative for Bushnell Optics was not even aware of the product.
To his credit they have a massive range with heaps of new products?
I have asked for a sample to assess and was told by the Australian rep based in Melbourne to contact Nioa?

willow

#4 Postby willow » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Bushnell will probably just outsource these scopes to LOW to manufacture anyway. Pricing seems competitive but the proof will be in the tracking and how they stack up to the established F-Class scopes already out there.

disb

#5 Postby disb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Scopes listed in the 2018 Bushnell book
One reticle option

macguru

#6 Postby macguru » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:06 pm

The bottom two ....click on image for a better view...

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 10.05.22 pm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
id quod est

SunnyCoast 5r

#7 Postby SunnyCoast 5r » Mon May 07, 2018 11:07 pm

I really loved my Bushnell Tactical Elite...until I looked through a Nightforce (and since a Sightron and a March).

My main issue was not value for money but the fact that my 6-24 x 50 just ran out of focus adjustment after 300metres. There was hardly any movement between 300 and infinity. I had a lot of trouble avoiding parallax error at any longer ranges. Sold to my brother for paddock work and target shooting at 200m or less.

ShaneG

#8 Postby ShaneG » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

SunnyCoast 5r wrote:I really loved my Bushnell Tactical Elite...until I looked through a Nightforce (and since a Sightron and a March).

My main issue was not value for money but the fact that my 6-24 x 50 just ran out of focus adjustment after 300metres. There was hardly any movement between 300 and infinity. I had a lot of trouble avoiding parallax error at any longer ranges. Sold to my brother for paddock work and target shooting at 200m or less.

Very interesting observation - something to check when these new scopes actually surface?

pjifl

#9 Postby pjifl » Tue May 08, 2018 12:43 pm

A focusing problem as described does not give one much confidence in manufacturing tolerances and or quality control in other areas of the scope.

BUT it may not be hard to fix this problem.

Scope Makers always have various methods of adjustment for the Focus Range.
The big problem is finding out what methods have been used and dismantling the scope sufficiently to begin with.

Have a good look at the attached picture.
It looks suspiciously like a type of adjustment common on many riflescopes whereby the objective lens can be adjusted so it slides a little further inside the scope body which would fix the infinity problem.

Often, the objective can be unscrewed a little, the outer locking ring unscrewed, the inner adjusting ring screwed out a touch then all are screwed up again. If it is this type, the whole process could be done without actually removing the objective assembly - thus retaining internal gassing.

Sorry I cannot help more but if someone has the inclination to investigate further it may be worth while.

FWIW, I prefer a riflescope to focus past infinity. The user should adjust for parallax anyway and at least this means he can always focus back to a satisfactory position. Unfortunately, shooters like to think the infinity position is perfectly at the end of its range so manufacturers usually set this with no safety margin. The amount of focus from 300 to infinity will be very small but should be discernible in a quality scope. From 600 back will probably be so little as to not be noticeable. You need good optics and high magnification to see the difference.

Peter Smith.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”