Cleaning a jewell trigger

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Cleaning a jewell trigger

#1 Postby Tim N » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:46 am

I was shooting in dusty conditions on the weekend and noticed a build up of it on the trigger thingy seen from the top of the action.
So what's the best way to clean it??
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

DannyS

Re: Cleaning a jewell trigger

#2 Postby DannyS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:36 am

Hi Tim, a spray with a can of brake kleen can be handy at times but I usually completely dismantle my trigger a couple of times a year and then put it through a ultrasonic cleaner. There isn’t really much to them. Snap a couple of quick pics as you go can make it easier when reassembling.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Gyro

Re: Cleaning a jewell trigger

#3 Postby Gyro » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:58 pm

Strip that motherfo down Tim. U r gonna need very small tools and some patience. Jewell triggers are awesome but they are very intolerant of any grit/grime build up.

I NEVER clean my F gun with it sitting upright. I always have it on it's side. Why ? Because any cleaning solvent that can drip into the Jewell trigger will very likely cause u grief when u really don't need grief.

I see talk of 'blueprinting' a jewell trigger. Not sure what that means except maybe checking that all parts, sandwiched between the plates, have room enough to move as required and if they don't then stone them smoother/thinner so they can.

I see folk steering away from a Jewell trigger, perhaps because they have had them fail.

There's Jewell triggers, then there's the rest !

I say pay the money and get the best.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”