Stock Rigidity

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

wsftr

Re: Stock Rigidity

#61 Postby wsftr » Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 pm

How does the front rest affect vertical?

Gyro

#62 Postby Gyro » Wed May 30, 2018 7:39 pm

wsftr wrote:How does the front rest affect vertical?

'Tis all the same or similar dynamics at work i suggest i.e. inconsistent system movement during the bullets barrel time.

I can put forward thoughts on FTR front rest dynamics as that's what I'm most familiar with.

Now I'm F Open and wish Rod D was at my club to teach me about front rest stuff !! For now I'm just going heavy with the gear to get the inertia value hi and keeping stuff slippery to lessen the rest movement during recoil with a free recoil technique.

Laters Rob K.

wsftr

#63 Postby wsftr » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:12 am

Gyro wrote:
wsftr wrote:How does the front rest affect vertical?

'Tis all the same or similar dynamics at work i suggest i.e. inconsistent system movement during the bullets barrel time.

I can put forward thoughts on FTR front rest dynamics as that's what I'm most familiar with.

Now I'm F Open and wish Rod D was at my club to teach me about front rest stuff !! For now I'm just going heavy with the gear to get the inertia value hi and keeping stuff slippery to lessen the rest movement during recoil with a free recoil technique.

Laters Rob K.

assuming we aren't talking about noodles, I can see some give or vibration absorption being a good thing...its probably all tied up in terminology as nobody states a number around stock stiffness as a reference for example...

Return to “Equipment & Technical”