WHICH MOUNTS

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

twotwothree

WHICH MOUNTS

#1 Postby twotwothree » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 am

Hi, I have just brought a vortex golden eagle to go on a tikka action f class rifle. I have started looking for mounts and have found there are a lot out there and some are very expensive. Having spent a lot on a scope i know I need good mounts, would like to here what a lot of shooters on here are using. I was also thinking of a 20 moa rail but i dont know if its needed. Thanks

KHGS

Re: WHICH MOUNTS

#2 Postby KHGS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 am

twotwothree wrote:Hi, I have just brought a vortex golden eagle to go on a tikka action f class rifle. I have started looking for mounts and have found there are a lot out there and some are very expensive. Having spent a lot on a scope i know I need good mounts, would like to here what a lot of shooters on here are using. I was also thinking of a 20 moa rail but i dont know if its needed. Thanks

I have Leoupold QRW rings on a couple of my Nightforce scopes & like them. You will need a 20moa base for F-Class.
Keith H.

DenisA

#3 Postby DenisA » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 am

Are you looking at getting low, medium or high mounts?

If your planning on free recoiling to any degree, depending on stock design, having higher mounts gives you more clearance to keep your cheek off the stock.
There are a lot of shooters now with adjustable cheek pieces who have removed them.
If your stock doesn't have a removable cheek piece and you want to free recoil, ring height may be worth a thought.

I have only had experience with Ken Farrell rings and rails (not on a Tikka) and never had issues with them.

twotwothree

#4 Postby twotwothree » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks for the replies. Do a lot of people remove their scopes and do they go back on without needing to re-zeroing.

willow

#5 Postby willow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 am

I run two Golden Eagles and run Spuhr mounts on both them. I prefer one piece mounts over rings and shooting F-open, the extra few grams is not a concern.Image

Return to “Equipment & Technical”