Night Force Scopes

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Paul Janzso

Night Force Scopes

#1 Postby Paul Janzso » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:43 am

I am considering buying a new Night Force scope for a new Rifle I am haveing built at the moment.

What are or is the most popular reticle ?

I am going with the 12-42 power, what model is best in that power range?

Cheers
pb
:shock:
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Ackley Improved

#2 Postby Ackley Improved » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 am

Hi

I use the NPR-2 reticle in the BR series of Nightforce on my benchguns.

CHeers
AI

Paul Janzso

#3 Postby Paul Janzso » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:41 pm

Thank's ackley

Cheers
pb

bully_eye

#4 Postby bully_eye » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:39 pm

The BR models are a little short on elevation adjustments but this is easily solved with a tapered rail or offset rings. Clarity of glass and repeatability of adjustments seem right on. They are heavy and large beasts which may be an issue depending on the weights you are trying to achieve with your rifle. Reticle choice really is a personal thing. Check the Nightforce website for a look at them. I went for the double dot reticle. Nice, simple and uncluttered and seems natural to place a dot inside a circle. Probably not the best choice if you like to use reticle markings for holding off. Mine is the 12-42 BR model. Doubt I'll ever use more than x25 for F-class though.

Just another view,
Michael

ps highly recommend Leupold scopes as well. Lighter, good glass and plenty of internal elevation and windage adjustments. Seem to be some issues with repeatability although I never had any problems with mine and customer service re warranty appears to be excellent. Only sold it because I needed a higer magnification variable for what I wanted.

Daniel

#5 Postby Daniel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Go for the BR series. For starters they're cheaper and they have 1/8 minute clicks. The adjustable objective can be a bit of a scourge from the shooting position, but Leupold proved to the world that side focus isn't as reliable as the "old fashioned" coil spring holding the objective lens forward.
As for reticles, I went for the NP-1. It's a simple cross. However, jump on the Nightforce page and check out their range. It's a personal thing.

Paul Janzso

#6 Postby Paul Janzso » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:23 pm

Thank's for the replies, I had a look on the NF web site and I like the 2 dot reticle.

I am currently using a Weaver T36 with a dot reticle and it is good, 1/8th moa, so it sits in the white centre nicely.

Cheers
p b

Return to “Equipment & Technical”