Canty rear sight.

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Odinslad

Canty rear sight.

#1 Postby Odinslad » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 am

Can anyone tell me if the Canty rear sights are able to be used for a left handed action?

bsouthernau

Re: Canty rear sight.

#2 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:56 am

I'm thinking these are the same as the TMac. If so, yes. The elevation plate will be facing away from you when you shoot and you'll have to read the windage plate upside down. I didn't find this any impediment.

If I'm wrong (again) in this then disregard the above!!

MR.Sako

#3 Postby MR.Sako » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Yes it can be used left handed the only problem is the windage plate would be upside down

RJNEILSEN

#4 Postby RJNEILSEN » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:59 pm

looking at the photo on the q-store website, I am sure it will be fine. I am also left handed so am used to backward rear sights. The Canty will be fine. As already said, the numerals on the windage plate will be upside down, however completely satisfactory in my view. The elevation plate is mounted on the side with the mounting screw, so would be considered ambidextrous.

Cheers,
Ryan.

LukeB

#5 Postby LukeB » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 pm

As mentioned by the others above, The Canty sight is set up with the elevation plate on the side face, while both the front and rear of the sight line are threaded (one for shade tube and one for iris). These are interchangeable so can be set up for left or right handers. If you are chasing one, I have one posted in the "for sale" forum.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”