HOWA HCR .308 26" Barrel

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

templar1975

HOWA HCR .308 26" Barrel

#1 Postby templar1975 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to check out this new offering from HOWA, was thinking on buying a 26" .308 for some f-class upto 800 yards.

argh

Re: HOWA HCR .308 26" Barrel

#2 Postby argh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi Templar
I think that you will in the long term find the barrel lacking, but the action will outlast that. I have run a factory Howa for a few years before re-barrelling and it was OK - and good enough to learn on, but that is as far as it goes - it will never be fully competitive.
Get a bag rider front and back, or bipod front and rear bar rider and its probably a good place to start though until funds dictate ta new match quality barrel.

My howa never shot past 58's/60, but with a match barrel and modified stock, its now putting in regular enough 60's to say its competitive.

If I was to set up a rifle now for full on competitive FClass, and money was not an issue, the Howa would NOT get a look in.

Cheers
Adrian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macguru

Re: HOWA HCR .308 26" Barrel

#3 Postby macguru » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I think it would be really good for tactical matches , its good that you can save money by getting the right stock up front, but do not expect to be fully competitive in FTR with a 26", still, no harm in trying you may get a good barrel and if you want a more versatile rifle, for tac, hunt, ftr then give it a go ...
id quod est

Return to “Equipment & Technical”