New Two Box Chrono

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Aubrey

New Two Box Chrono

#1 Postby Aubrey » Fri May 12, 2017 9:19 am

Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

plumbs7

Re: New Two Box Chrono

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:18 am

Hi Aubrey , I sort of understand the principal behind it . But how close to ur shooting position do have to be ? And does it pick up other shots from sound around you?
Regards Graham.

Daniel Chisholm

#3 Postby Daniel Chisholm » Sat May 13, 2017 1:44 am

screenshot from page 15 og the manual:
http://www.autotrickler.com/uploads/6/3 ... _paged.pdf

Selection_208.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnk

#4 Postby johnk » Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 am

Awkward issue, that.

willow

#5 Postby willow » Sat May 13, 2017 2:20 pm

It's more coin, but I reckon LabRadar is still the way to go if your pockets are deep enough.

Barossa_222

#6 Postby Barossa_222 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:26 pm

I just ordered one of these to try at home. I don't have an issue with multiple shooters when I test, so will be interesting to see how it goes. I've used a mates LabRadar and really like it. I think they are definitely the way to go.

Normmatzen

#7 Postby Normmatzen » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:08 am

I have been watching this device since it was released. As I worked in the hearing aid business, I am no stranger to directional microphones I sent the designer some data on various microphone arrays to minimize the inclusion of neighboring shots. This device is placed on the ground or on stands with the close box 5-10 ft out and the far box can be anywhere from 5 ft to 15 ft with accuracy with 15 ft probably better than any other chrono out there . The connecting cable has marks at different distances to aid in set up. The boxes must also be "aimed" carefully along the line of fire and must be close in height. Plastic sights are magnetically attached during alignment then removed.
Soon as I scrape together some mad money, I'm going to augment my MagnetoSpeed with a Two-Box!
I think the acquisition of neighboring shots will be a minimal problem in actual practice as the timing of the display will aid in picking out "noise".
Norm

6.5x55ai

#8 Postby 6.5x55ai » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 am

It still presents the problem for me that saw me move away from chronos that need setting up out in front of the firing line to a V2 and now a LabRadar ie my only range available for load development is a club range. Setting up any chronograph fwd of the firing point, even the simple optical ones, with 19 other shooters waiting for you to finish is hopeless. On many occasions I just had to let them open the range and finish setting up at the next cease fire.
Plus to set up required my rifle on the bench, obviously with bolt removed. This always attracted comment and in some cases disagreement as in actual fact it breeches the club safety rules.
Also, I like to occasionally shoot a complete club day series with a chronograph. Most of our mounds the ground breaks away downwards which doesn't lend itself to accurately setting up a device.

Unit probably great as stated in article - for use on his own unshared range.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”