Chrony calibration

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Chrony calibration

#1 Postby scott/r » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:58 am

Any idea if you can get a chrony chronagraph calibrated and where if you can.

AlanF

Re: Chrony calibration

#2 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:03 am

Good question. I don't know of any that are available as a service. I find that simply lining several different "field grade" chronos in series gives a good sanity check. The Magnetospeeds and LabRadar are the ones I have the most respect for, because most others are affected by light levels.

scott/r

#3 Postby scott/r » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:19 am

Yeh, I've had it up against a Labrador, that's how I found out it's about 100 fps slow. I bought it through a bloke in WA a few years ago because he offered services here in Australia. But as usual, now that I want to use the service, I can't find the contact or purchase details.

johnk

#4 Postby johnk » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:41 am

From what I've discovered, it is as easy to correlate results & field shooting against a reliable ballistics program. I'm happy with my 15 plus years old Oehler 35 for the information I use from it & mostly that's to identify whether on not loads have an acceptable extreme spread supported by SD.

Magnetospeeds are not for me because I can't fit them around a Shadetree tuner & Labradars are beyond my price range - relative to a good annealer, for example.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”