Bullseye target camera tested

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Pommy Chris

Re: Bullseye target camera tested

#16 Postby Pommy Chris » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Ok here is the link sorry for the shaky camera. The last 4 he got I put down the camera (my phone) and zoomed in and we gave him a 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tD4P7D ... e=youtu.be
This was a .223 at 600 yards using the target mods I described. We have since tested the camera and base station out to around 1,000 yards with no issues.
Cheers
Chris

BenW

#17 Postby BenW » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:46 am

With the target mods you've done mate they show up easy, thanks for putting up the video

Pommy Chris

#18 Postby Pommy Chris » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:14 am

BenW wrote:With the target mods you've done mate they show up easy, thanks for putting up the video

No problem at all. Last weekend we had 7 shooters and again we did not loose a single shot again we shot a double 600.
Cheers
Chris

Pommy Chris

#19 Postby Pommy Chris » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Bit of an update, Betta put one of her pearler barrels on her spare action just to get it sighted in again, why cant all barrels be that good? :shock:
We shot 600 yards again as we are still testing the camera at the longs, Betta tested for us what happens when 5 bullets go in the same hole in the X (cow!) yes that was at 600 yards :shock:
Apart from wondering how to get that barrel on my action without her noticing :twisted: it tested how the camera manages with the target mods we did picking up shots when the bullets pass through the same hole. The clear builders membrane has a small hole in it after the shot and it seems that hole shows up as a small dot at the center of the white shot dot. When you get multiple shots in the same hole the slightly different impact point has its own dot so what happened when there was a white shot out patch, maybe a 10 cent piece size out of the x we were still able to see the last shot as it was the flashing center dot, I hope I am making sense? Ie the white shot out patch had 5 smaller back dots in it and the last shot is the flashing black dot.
Cheers
Chris

Central Desert

#20 Postby Central Desert » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:07 pm

I have had one for about 6 months, i use it for 223 from 200-500m. It is good tool and i really enjoy using it.

BEWARE OF BATTERY:

Note: These batteries to the best of my knowledge (Super Rechargeable Li-ion DC12450) are not available in Australian and cannot be transported or posted by air. If someone finds a retailer selling these please let me know.

I had an issue with this battery, initially i thought it had collapsed. I did contact the manufacture in the USA but they are still trying to assist me but have difficulties due to transport issues. I found a company in Sydney that thought could assist, they repacked the battery and supplied a better re-charging accessory. All good now.

Interested if anyone else had similar issues with battery.

Martin

Pommy Chris

#21 Postby Pommy Chris » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Central Desert wrote:I have had one for about 6 months, i use it for 223 from 200-500m. It is good tool and i really enjoy using it.

BEWARE OF BATTERY:

Note: These batteries to the best of my knowledge (Super Rechargeable Li-ion DC12450) are not available in Australian and cannot be transported or posted by air. If someone finds a retailer selling these please let me know.

I had an issue with this battery, initially i thought it had collapsed. I did contact the manufacture in the USA but they are still trying to assist me but have difficulties due to transport issues. I found a company in Sydney that thought could assist, they repacked the battery and supplied a better re-charging accessory. All good now.

Interested if anyone else had similar issues with battery.

Martin

I have two batteries on the way, apparently posted I will let everyone know if they arrive. I told the company of battery issues, no reply yet, but will call them after Christmas..
Many suppliers all said they could post to Aus..
Chris

Return to “Equipment & Technical”