Neilsen cocking piece retaining pin

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

wilson85

Neilsen cocking piece retaining pin

#1 Postby wilson85 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

My faithful old Neilsen broke down on me yesterday while in the middle of my first range. The firing pin would not release when the trigger was squeezed.

We found through further investigation that the small pin the holds the cocking piece on the firing pin had sheared on both sides and the broken part of the pin was binding on the inside of the bolt shroud.

Anyway, do any of you gents know if the pin is the same as the pins used for the Omarks?

It was a bit of an education in carrying spares for my rifle to the range. Time to get a few and put in the bottom of the range bag.

Cheers
Anthony

browniedog

Re: Neilsen cocking piece retaining pin

#2 Postby browniedog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi Anthony

there's a guy at our club crows nest Goombungee that worked for mab they built the action parts for Neilson I will ask him next weekend

thanks
david

KHGS

#3 Postby KHGS » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:56 am

wilson85 wrote:Hi Everyone,

My faithful old Neilsen broke down on me yesterday while in the middle of my first range. The firing pin would not release when the trigger was squeezed.

We found through further investigation that the small pin the holds the cocking piece on the firing pin had sheared on both sides and the broken part of the pin was binding on the inside of the bolt shroud.

Anyway, do any of you gents know if the pin is the same as the pins used for the Omarks?

It was a bit of an education in carrying spares for my rifle to the range. Time to get a few and put in the bottom of the range bag.

Cheers
Anthony

They are a common size & are the same as Omark. A pin made from music wire is the best option.
Keith H.

wilson85

#4 Postby wilson85 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:21 am

Thanks for the replies gents. Will sort out some spare parts for the old girl shortly.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”