Opinions on Colt M2012 in .308

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Quinny

Opinions on Colt M2012 in .308

#1 Postby Quinny » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with the Colt M2012 in .308, and what you thought of it.

I have been out of the long range shooting scene for a little while and I am looking to rectify that. I was initially considering building a 6.5x47 Lap on a Tikka action with GRS stock, but I have a M2012 in .308 sitting at work with a very nice price tag on it that seems to be calling my name. It is the one with the heavy spiral fluted barrel and Manners composite stock.

The normal list price on these is over $6000, and waits of up to 12 months. I can get one for $4500.

I have seen some reviews which all seems to be quite positive, but I am looking to see if anyone can tell me first hand how good it is. Colt/Cooper claim a 1/2 MOA guarantee on these rifles.

I am looking for a setup that will allow me to do several long range comps - F-Standard, 300-500 Fly, sniper competition to 800yds, i know I won't be winning any benchrest competitions but I want something that has very good accuracy and I can have fun with across several disciplines.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”