Dolphin rifle stocks availability?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Southern700

Dolphin rifle stocks availability?

#1 Postby Southern700 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Does anyone know if Dolphin Gun Co have an Australian distributor?

I know that Barnard are importing them into NZ, when I contacted them they led me to believe that I need an import permit to get one from shipped from there (and I shudder to think of the paper trail that would involve).

BH

DaveMc

Re: Dolphin rifle stocks availability?

#2 Postby DaveMc » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:15 am

I believe Phill Mastin has done some

bsouthernau

#3 Postby bsouthernau » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:42 am

Southern700 wrote:Does anyone know if Dolphin Gun Co have an Australian distributor?

I know that Barnard are importing them into NZ, when I contacted them they led me to believe that I need an import permit to get one from shipped from there (and I shudder to think of the paper trail that would involve).

BH

Don't shudder - it's quite painless. Fill out an application for a B709 and send it off to your firearms registry who will supply the permit. When the item arrives you give the permit to Customs and that's it. It's a good idea to have the shipper include a copy of the B709 with the item but not essential.

Barry

Southern700

#4 Postby Southern700 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:40 am

bsouthernau wrote:
Southern700 wrote:Does anyone know if Dolphin Gun Co have an Australian distributor?

BH

Don't shudder - it's quite painless. Fill out an application for a B709 and send it off to your firearms registry who will supply the permit. When the item arrives you give the permit to Customs and that's it. It's a good idea to have the shipper include a copy of the B709 with the item but not essential.

Barry

Thanks Barry,

Can't seem to find a (Tas police) online version of the form. I will contact them by phone and see if they can (e)mail me one.

ned kelly

#5 Postby ned kelly » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:54 pm

G'day all,
a friend of mine bought a 2nd hand one from Germany via the UK Fclass site for sale section. No permits required from the EU, unlike the UK. Nice stock good engineering ideas. As good as anything I saw from McDonald Douglas, Boeing or Airbus while working in the aviation industries.
Cheerio Ned

willow

#6 Postby willow » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:56 pm

Matt Paroz can bring them in via Barnard. Be warned though, they're not cheap. I enquired into a Joe West F-open stock and thankfully I was sitting down when Matt gave me the price :shock:

Return to “Equipment & Technical”