TIKKA TACTICAL 223

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Paul Janzso

TIKKA TACTICAL 223

#1 Postby Paul Janzso » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:30 pm

I got it back from Geff Grenfell, (re-throated) I re-organized my hand loads ready for the 600meter shoot at MBRC last saturday and shot 49,5 and 49,5.
Not bad for a 20 inch barreled rifle, out of the box that I can go hunting with it as well.

Cheers
pest bird
:shock:
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Chris Thomas

#2 Postby Chris Thomas » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi Paul.

It's a nice rifle your Tikka. Like i have said before F Class needs a active Production-off the shelf class. Cost limit of Rifle around $2000 when new any scope and shot off a Bipod. Off the shelf rilfe's shoot great and would help a lot of younger shooters get in to the sport who other wise can't afford to build a FO rifle or FS rifle.

Well done on those great scores

Regards

Chris Thomas

Foxy

#3 Postby Foxy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:57 pm

They're great results.
I like the production/out of the box rifle idea.
I would have saved a lot of money if that class was available when I started.

John E

#4 Postby John E » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:25 am

I was talking to Tim Schaefer from McDonald's Guns last night at the VicGame club auction night. He is selling the Tikka Tactical
with a 24" barrel for around $2000. Apparently the rifle is available with the choice of a 20" or 24" barrel.
While Paul's 20" barrel is going well, I think that it would be sensible for anyone considering buying the Tikka, to go for the 24". It would not be so long as to be unweildy for a hunting rifle, and the extra length might be a bit of insurance over the longer ranges.
As an aside, I sold 2 old ( antique ) wooden shooting boxes, the type that we used to have along us on the mound, with our bullets and oil and solvent etc, and a leather shooting bag, for $210, so the moral is never throw anything away it will be worth something someday.
John

Paul Janzso

#5 Postby Paul Janzso » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:09 am

When I enquired about the Tactical's, I was told the ones in OZ were all 20 inch barreled rifles.
The Tikka Super Varmint would be a good choice in 223 or 308 for some one having a go at F Standard and hunting.

Cheers
pest bird
:shock:
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Simon C

#6 Postby Simon C » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:12 pm

Ken....I agree with what u r saying.

However, PJ's rifle has shot much better scores than those he listed so from my point of view it is fine in FS as it is......anyway I digress.

Starting a new thread is a good idea if u wanna take it further. PJ is just saying that it is a good enough rifle to compete in FS as well as a walk around hunting outfit & thats all.
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:15 pm

I have moved the discussion on field class to the Rules and the Future forum HERE.
Thanks Simon.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”