Purpose built Savage F-class rifles

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

bjld

Purpose built Savage F-class rifles

#1 Postby bjld » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:49 am

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:11 am

I'm sure it is Ben, but the site expects you to register in order to view the material in your link. Are you able to enlighten us on the content so we don't all have to go through the process of registering for this site.

Lynn

bjld

FYI

#3 Postby bjld » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:30 am

Savage Arms unveils new Precision Target Rifle line

November 6, 2006—

Savage Arms, renowned for out-of-the-box accuracy, has taken their legendary reputation for accuracy to new heights with the introduction of their line of precision target rifles. Whether they shoot in international competition or at the local range, shooters serious about long range target shooting will find the Savage Precision Target Rifles outshoot even custom-built rifles costing many times as much.

The Precision Target Rifle line will feature two models, the F-T/R and the F Class - each named for the NRA classification of shooting for which they are designed. The 12 F- T/R has a slightly rounded forend with bipod rail, and is chambered in .308 Winchester. The F Class has a three inch wide ventilated forend with flat bottom, has a flat butt stock, and is chambered in 6.5 X 284 NORMA… a first for Savage.

The Precision Target Rifle also features the new addition to the revolutionary AccuTrigger line; the Target Accu-Trigger is adjustable from approximately 6 oz. to 2 ½ lbs. The AccuTrigger allows the shooter to easily adjust the trigger pull to their own personal preferences without having to pay a gunsmith to adjust it - a feature available exclusively from Savage Arms.

12 F T/R Precision Target Rifle
• Laminated stock with adjustable cheek piece, rounded forend and bipod rail
• Target AccuTrigger adjustable from 6 oz. to 2 ½ lbs
• Right bolt, Right port short action receiver
• Smaller ejection port for extra rigidity
• 30" Extra-heavy stainless barrel
• Chambered in .308 Winchester
• MSRP $1142

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5932/ftrul3.jpg

12 F Class Precision Target Rifle
• Laminated flat bottomed stock with extra-wide ventilated forend
• Target AccuTrigger adjustable from 6 oz. to 2 ½ lbs
• Right bolt, right port short action receiver
• Smaller ejection port for extra rigidity
• 30" Extra-heavy stainless barrel
• Chambered in 6.5 X 284 NORMA
• MSRP $1211

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/6240/fclassbi6.jpg

Lynn Otto

#4 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Thanks Ben, much appreciated.

Lynn :D

bjld

New F Open Stock

#5 Postby bjld » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:12 am

Saw this thread on the updated stock design for the Savage F-open rifle.

http://www.long-range.com/forums/index. ... topic=7499

I've attached the photos.

The rifle uses the new single shot, right bolt left port action.
The barrel is chambered for 6.5x284 Norma with a parallel 1" profile.
I've heard that Savage has also made a 6oz accutrigger for it.

Very interesting for a factory rifle!

Regards
Ben

jerryatric

#6 Postby jerryatric » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 pm

hi - seems 2 be a very slick looking rifle 4 a factory job - but thats savage 4 ya , allways making other factory jobs look grim & over priced :D ,,sure cant go past the savage rifles 4 out of the box accurecy - i know i own 2 of them ,, one in 223 & one in 308 - only problem is the waiting - cant seem 2 get any in australia at the moment as ive been trying since last november ..may be next cristmas ..

jerryatric

#7 Postby jerryatric » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 pm

hi again ,, hope you dont mind me asking bob - but if anybody can get me one of these new rifles in australia please could they let me know as im waiting 2 buy..thanks my email jeda14@bigpond.com sorry 4 using this page but dont know what else 2 do .

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:45 am

Jerry,

Highland Sports CLICK HERE imports Savage rifles. They may be able to tell you the name of your nearest dealer.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few months for Savage to start producing them. They have only just done the prototype stock.

Alan

Sam Walker

bummer

#9 Postby Sam Walker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:29 pm

Dear Sam,

Highland Sports is no longer the agent for Savage rifles, I am not sure at
this stage if a new agent has been appointed, it would be best to contact
Savage directly for this information.

Kind regards,
Stacey McDonald
Administration.

Had a look at the Savage website - they don't reply to emails !! I think it may be Acacia Imports who are the Savage distributor in Oz...
Sam

AllanH

Savage Target Actions

#10 Postby AllanH » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi

I'm looking at using one of the new Savage Target rifle actions for a F class std rifle in 223 I'm having built for my wife. Is any one able to provide any feedback on the actions.

Thanks

bobeager

Savage F Class Rifle

#11 Postby bobeager » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:02 pm

Saw the Rifle in 308 ($1955) & the Action Only in 308 or 223 ($859) being advertised by Queensland Gun Exchange & Fishing. For those of you who know him, Stewart Elliot works there on Tuesdays & Thursdays. May be worth a call ...07 3393 0933

gvick

Trigger weight

#12 Postby gvick » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:30 pm

FS trigger weight is now 2.2 lbs (1 kg) but for use in TR is 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) The specs say 6oz to 2.5 lbs so OK for FS but not TR. (just in case you thought you could do both in comp.
Gordon

whippy

#13 Postby whippy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 pm

jerryatric wrote:hi - seems 2 be a very slick looking rifle 4 a factory job - but thats savage 4 ya , allways making other factory jobs look grim & over priced :D ,,sure cant go past the savage rifles 4 out of the box accurecy - i know i own 2 of them ,, one in 223 & one in 308 - only problem is the waiting - cant seem 2 get any in australia at the moment as ive been trying since last november ..may be next cristmas ..

mate, i know the feeling. my local gunshop ordered a .223 varmiter for me in early october last year. we were told that some had been ordered from savage a few weeks earlier and were expected by the end of october. however after a rather long wait the importer found out that they were in a warehouse waiting shipment but only two airlines would transport them ( china air and korean air) some weeks later we traced them to a warehouse in china. the importer was informed by the chinese that they were not a priority shipment and would be quite sometime before we got them, but, if they were prepared to pay extra??? the rifles would be given priority. to cut a long story short after about 3 months i took possession of the rifle. so waiting for months looks like being the norm nowadays. good luck
SHOOT WELL & SHOOT TRUE

#14 Postby Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:25 pm

The VRA have for sale complete F Class rifles built on the Savage action, with flat fore-end stock, scope rail. 13 twist barrel. Ready to mount scope and shoot. Rifles built by Phil Mastin.
Price $ 2700
Nice looking gear and reasonably priced. Contact Chris at VRA.
Barry

Return to “Equipment & Technical”