Flexiblock

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

Flexiblock

#1 Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:53 pm

I have had this system of bedding before and have found it works very well , a very well thought out system , but was wondering about others that have experienced the life of them , ??? I found it great in reduction of recoil, and follow through, but in time did not ? , Chop , ps some many new shooters ask about them , be good to hear more .

Chopper

Re: Flexiblock

#2 Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:15 pm

To add more, my best groups have been shot on the day with a proven load, and the old tension wrench, beside me, on wood, many types of bedding amaze me , from Rubber, to aluminium Vee blocks, to glueing , ? I believe you can tune a load to the max , good or bad , with a tension wrench, many systems give you No choice of tensions ?

Robert Chombart

#3 Postby Robert Chombart » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:06 am

Chopper wrote:I have had this system of bedding before and have found it works very well , a very well thought out system , but was wondering about others that have experienced the life of them , ??? I found it great in reduction of recoil, and follow through, but in time did not ? , Chop , ps some many new shooters ask about them , be good to hear more .

Chopper,

Neoprene has an indefinite lifespan, coes not loose its capacities in the course of time. The system is indifferent to screws torque .Need to be tihjt, thats all. Indicated torque is only a recommendation.

R.G.C
R.G.C.

Barry Davies

#4 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:09 am

All of our rifles are bedded on Bizonite in good Aussie walnut stocks. Bedded them down some 15/20 years ago and haven't touched them since. Used to own a tension wrench but gave it to a mate some 30 odd years ago!

Chopper

#5 Postby Chopper » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:37 pm

I still think because of temperatures and expansion of wood and metal , keeping ideal tensions should be a choice of that pet load , Chop

Return to “Equipment & Technical”