F-Open Calibre Poll - All Round

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

What would you recommend as the best calibre for all Queens ranges 300 to 1000yds

243AI
No votes
6.5x47
14%
6.5 Super LR
5%
6.5-08AI (various)
5%
6.5x55AI
8%
6.5-284
5%
7-08AI
4%
284 Win
47%
7 Shehane
4%
7 RSAUM
8%

Total votes: 118

AlanF

F-Open Calibre Poll - All Round

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:39 am

Note there are 3 polls. This one is for all ranges from 300 to 1000yds. So if you must use a single calibre throughout a Queens shoot, what would you choose? Please base your choice on what you would recommend to others and I know its hard, but try not to be biased in favour of what you have.

AlanF

Re: F-Open Calibre Poll - All Round

#2 Postby AlanF » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Something I said in an earlier thread and should have included here :

AlanF wrote:It isn't just asking for the most economical, the best theoretical performance, the easiest to load for, the easiest to get components for, or even the best recent performances. Its more of an assessment of all aspects, and what you would recommend for an F-Open shooter on an average budget with a reasonable amount of time on their hands who wants to be competitive at Queens level. It does need to be a proven calibre in Australia, and needs to take into account current realities, including the SSRs, the situation with ME limits, and component shortages etc.

Now here's something new with this poll - you can go back and change your choice. Your former choice will be removed from the count when you do that. So not only can you change it after further thought now, these polls will remain for you to access in future, to change if your opinion changes. Also if new (or old) calibres not in the choices become popular, then I may put them in the list in place of ones without votes. So this can become an ongoing and up to date guide.

BTW it wasn't working initially, so try again now if you want to change.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”