Chronograhp best value for money

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

DenisA

Re: Chronograhp best value for money

#16 Postby DenisA » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:57 am

BATattack wrote:20fps could make the difference between someone winning the queens and being disqualified :-(

Up until recently I have been fairly concerned about this happening. If what Alan has said in another thread concerning the policing and 3% leniency being discussed at board level, then I think the above issue will not be such a concern for those honestly trying to stick to the restricted levels. Even if they're at the top end of it but running a low SD.

In speaking to various people recently at Belmont, I feel that every one is on the same wave length.

I think 3% is a very fair figure that should allow for variation at the top end of the limit between most good quality chrono's and such.

macguru

#17 Postby macguru » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 pm

I think I will invest in a LabRadar, when i can, looks good

You know, I think its a real shame some people in QLD and VIC are pushing these energy limits, I know we have to have SOME limits, but I think the present NSW situation (8mm / 41xx ft/lbs) is more reasonable, although I am a realist and can guess we will follow the other states one day soon. Already 30cal magnums are banned from Malabar, although they have not formalised this. And of course there is NO POINT using them in qld or vic, over a 7mm, with these rules in place.

But honestly, if people were excluded over a few ft per second with variations in measuring equipment, we may as well pack up our toys and ....

cheers
id quod est

agro

#18 Postby agro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Is anyone using a Steinert Supercrono??
I would love some feedback on pros and cons.

thx

Return to “Equipment & Technical”