F st Grading Question

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

ScottM

F st Grading Question

#1 Postby ScottM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:54 pm

HI
I am fairly new to Fclass shooting and started in regional SE QLD shooting in F open a 6.5*47 rem in a slee stock ,loved that gun but found F open to be very competitive and had to go along way west to get my first blue ribbon so while still leaqrning basic wind a mirrage skills I stated shooting F St B my first OPM North Arm I came second and then found that on the NRAA web sit I am now Fst A my questions are .

Is it possible to go fro Fst B to A in one comp and what rule Number ?

Is it possible for the person who beat me in this comp to stay in Fst b while i go up a grade ?

I have know sour grapes at all but would just like to find out how it works.

Thank,s

shooter mcreid

Re: F st Grading Question

#2 Postby shooter mcreid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Hey Scott,
It is possible to make a quick entry into A grade, if you have done well (achieved an average of 94.5% of the highest f standard score) in your first couple of prize meets. That will put you accross the line, it is also possible for someone to have beaten you and stay in B as they may have had a rough prize meet that has pulled their average down. The more prize meets you shoot the more accurate your average is. I believe there is a good write up on how it works on the qra site.
Here is a link:
http://www.qldrifle.com/images/pdfs/201 ... hange1.pdf

ScottM

#3 Postby ScottM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks shooter M for the link Clause 12.8.1.2 says 8 shoots does that mean my Fopen scores are part of the 8 ?

shooter mcreid

#4 Postby shooter mcreid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:35 pm

I don't believe they should be forming part of your average, the qra can use f standard club scores to suppliment your grade if you don't have enough prize meets.

AlanW

#5 Postby AlanW » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:28 pm

From the SSR's with reference to F Standard:

12.13 Re-Grading
12.13.1 Competitor’s grades may change whenever their average rises of falls below the cut-off point between ‘A’ & ‘B’ grades. This can occur at any time throughout a year.
12.13.2 Competitors will only be regraded if their average rises or falls to the next level. A Competitor will not be upgraded if he wins an aggregate, only if his winning score, when included in his last eight scores, or however many scores are being used for grading, causes his average to rise to the next grading level. The minimum number or scores used to determine an upgrade shall be three.

Alan

johnk

#6 Postby johnk » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:51 pm

The NRAA website shows the current state of play of their beta software. Refer to one of their recent member advices to see when they expect to have the system formally on line. Queensland FS gradings are listed on the QRA website, together with the number of shoots used in the calculation, to allow promoters to apply gradings according to the SSRs.

Note also that the NRAA gradings are/will be calculated only with results generated with their prize meeting software & uploaded to their website.

plumbs7

#7 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Jenni H is a good teacher ! Blame her lol! Seriously u are shooting well!
At least u didn't spend 3 years in the wilderness of B grade " ground hog day!"
Because I had an average of 88% it was extremely hard to get out of ! I felt bad entering some opm's in B grade . But that was what I was graded . Look at shooter , he was clearly A grade but same as me , had some rough shoots in previous years. He shot that well he was promoted to A grade in the middle of the Natioanls and won the grand Agg too. So much politics ! But that's the way it is .

Se ya at Warwick! GS

ScottM

#8 Postby ScottM » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi
Thanks for all your replies ,I will just have to cut it with the A graders .

Graham yes the 15 minutes Jenny H spent on a wind and Mirrage lesson was much appreciated ,and learnt heaps I have booked into the Country Rose in the room next to you hope you dont snore and put me off my game ha ha , will shoot at belmont for the first time on Saturday at 1000 yard with the Natives then drive up to Warwick catch up and have that pizza.

cheers
Scotty

plumbs7

#9 Postby plumbs7 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 pm

My Shout for pizza, hope I snore heaps as ur in good form and u need the distraction ! Best wishes Sellsy! :D

Edit: just for the record , I never ever want to go back to B grade . That's why at North Arm on my first ever go in A Grade and collapsing after an Australian record for shooting the wrong target 3 times . I nearly quit the the OPM . I was close to loosing My A grading after the first Day.
I gues u r wandering why I'm writing this ??? Well in this brilliant sport I believe the Anzac spirt shines through and mateship is ever flourishing and ladies are treated as equals !
I had many people patting me on the back trying to coax me back for the next Day. I sadly explained that I had some real issues and had forgotten how to shoot. And the best action for my grading ( since I was borderline, was to go home for the weekend and find that Mojo! Everyone was very supportive and said that was the best thing to do! In the back of my mind was the past 2 years wasn't too good for me on the second day and the words " Sellys sandbagging to get back into B grade for medal glory " was ring in my ears ! I wish I had a $1 for every genuine concerned person saying" you know the target number is in the rh bottom cnr of the target frame!" Doh!
Well went back to the unit had a good cry! Painted my toe nails and washed my hair! Lol! ( actually had dinner with my wife and cried on her shoulder !).

I dragged myself back to NorthArm to many "Good on you for coming back". By some form of a Miracle I found that Mojo and bugger me came back for a 3 rd .

Getting back to why I'm writing this is I never had the chance to thank all of my fellow shooters for ur most sincere concerns and words .
Most other sports would be quite glad to see my train wreck and might even be a little nasty about about it ! I know it's of topic and sorry Allen ! But thanks heaps !
Regards Graham.
Last edited by plumbs7 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbs7

#10 Postby plumbs7 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry I'm feeding my addiction of posting on this forum again ! I'll stop!

ScottM

#11 Postby ScottM » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Graham

No problem mate its just like a horse you just get back on or in this case keep shooting .Ill take you up on the pizza .

thanks
Scotty

scott/r

#12 Postby scott/r » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:52 am

I'm not to sure as to how accurate the nraa grading is. After taking out both days and grand agg in t/r b at north arm I'm still graded as c grade.
See you guys at Warwick on Sunday.

johnk

#13 Postby johnk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:52 am

Scott, the program that the NRAA is running is for the replacement method of grading, viz that shooters of all disciplines will be graded according to the average percentage of their latest 8 PM shoots (or fewer if they haven't achieved that many yet) - the same as F Standard is now. The practice of penalising a TR shooter by upgrading if he wins an event will be discontinued.

This has been foreshadowed in various NRAA publications & is specifically explained here: http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... aft-10.pdf

scott/r

#14 Postby scott/r » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeh, karen and Colin explained that it wasn't quite operational just yet. Hopefully it will be up and running in the new year which will be pretty cool. And I'm not complaining about still being in b grade.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”