Case prep and step by step reloading

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

DenisA

#31 Postby DenisA » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 am

Ben, personally I think that neck turning is a better practice, even if it's only 80% cleanup with no turn chambers.
I think it's safe to say that the majority of us use bushing dies with the expander ball removed. This gives great outside neck concentricity but means any neck wall variation exaggerates inside neck concentricity or therefor bullet concentricity.
Bushing dies and neck turning are best mates.
....... After all, the whole point of going to bushing dies is they allow us to control more variables.

bruce moulds

#32 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 pm

alan,
you are absolutely correct about the pimping technique being effective.
under certain circumstances it can equal sledging as a technique.
it has 2 effects
1) it shows the competition how much you like your rifle. they indirectly believe that you must like it because it is good.
2)a good pimping job will get into other peoples' heads, thus leaving less room in there important things.
all this will fail if you prove when shooting that pimping is your only ace.
hitting the odd x and 6 is required to demonstrate the rifle and shooter are worthy to display a quality pimp job..
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

DaveMc

#33 Postby DaveMc » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:43 pm

A plot of pimp level vs 1000 yard elevation would be interesting wouldn't it!?

On one end of the pimp level you have the NQ boys, Rod Davies and Alan Fraser at the other those infamous southerners.

I don't know which is more daunting, seeing Peter Smith turn up with an old wine packing crate cut out up with a jig saw and nailed together with a couple of pieces of metal bolted to the side for counterweights or the whole SA team in all their splendour!

With my new Phill Mastin (Master craftsmen) stock I feel I have let the NQ "Function before form" motto down.

ps Norms new "chainsaw carved stock" would fit right in up here.

Brad Y

#34 Postby Brad Y » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Hmm I have my stock booked into a painters next week. Wondering if its going to cause trouble...

Cameron Mc

#35 Postby Cameron Mc » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 pm

DaveMc wrote:I don't know which is more daunting, seeing Peter Smith turn up with an old wine packing crate cut out up with a jig saw and nailed together with a couple of pieces of metal bolted to the side for counterweights or the whole SA team in all their splendour!

With my new Phill Mastin (Master craftsmen) stock I feel I have let the NQ "Function before form" motto down.

here.

Dave , the way I see it you just have to work on your body image. Work on a MO that can rival Marty's or Mohawk like Steve's. Remember dirty shorts too. How about shaved legs? 8)

Cheers

bruce moulds

#36 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 pm

a team with dreadlocks would be a new thing.
the braund bros and wilmott already have good dreadlocks, to be unwashed from new years day 2014 onward. adam pohl likewise.
this is guaranteed to put the other teams off.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

BATattack

#37 Postby BATattack » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:18 pm

I'd like to see a thorough statistical analysis of the 'tash !! :-)

After martys success in the US and Mitchell Johnsons domination in the ashes series I believe there is a strong correlation between upper lip hair and on field performance.

For the good of the sport someone must determine if the length, density or artistic form of the cookie duster has the greatest influence on long range vert!

AlanF

#38 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:11 pm

I heard that part of the NQ testing prior to Raton involved Marty in a wind tunnel. They must have sold the technology to Cricket Australia. :D

Return to “Equipment & Technical”