Last little Bit of Life in Her........

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Craig McGowan

Last little Bit of Life in Her........

#1 Postby Craig McGowan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi all,

After having a fun time at North Arm with Mr Berry and co, I decided I would play around with my 7mm and see if I could get the last little bit of life out of her before putting her out to pasture and putting on a new barrel.

I have never used 2213sc before and decided to see if there could be any room for improvement. So I managed to get down the range and test a few shots at 300m. Thought that I would put up all the info I have and see what the establishment has to say about a next step.

Bit of info about the old girl. Straight 7mm. Custom long action based on Rem700, with a Bartlein 28" 5R barrel that has 2209 rounds down her.

The day was not to bad for wind, but I think the whole test may have been for naught, (looking at results) due to the mirage. I did not test with a chrono, so again no real idea on velocity, I was just trying to get an idea to see if a "node" would show up similar to what others have done in the past. I also run a PTII strain gauge as well. Have a look at the target plot and other stuff I have put up and let me know what you all think. I am not expecting much from her. For me this is all about learning as much as I can.

Cheers

Craig.

Craig McGowan

#2 Postby Craig McGowan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Just thought that I would throw up a comparison chart of the 2209 at 51.9 grain using the PTII.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”